First cruise on Monday...I have questions?

sassijax

Okay first question is can I bring a big bottle of wine instead of a regular size bottle...you know like a 1.5ml instead of .750? I know one per guest is allowed. Also I have to fly with that in my checked in luggage and then I move it to my carryon before I get on the ship? Also I want to bring some vodka do I just leave it in its original bottle and wrap it in bubble wrap?

Okay first question is can I bring a big bottle of wine instead of a regular size bottle...you know like a 1.5ml instead of .750? I know one per guest is allowed. Also I have to fly with that in my checked in luggage and then I move it to my carryon before I get on the ship? Also I want to bring some vodka do I just leave it in its original bottle and wrap it in bubble wrap?

Can't answer the size of wine one, but I would move it from one to the other. As for the other, I've heard that you want to make sure to use plastic container/s. I am planning on using ziploc with papertowels around the plastic before inserted in suitcase. :D Enjoy your cruise!

Right, but I think she was referring to the ones they will serve that she "can" carry on. They charge 10.00 for each bottle.

They don't charge $10 per bottle to bring them aboard, just as a corking fee, a way to get around that is to open the wine before you get to the dining room and pour yourself a glass.

On one of the threads here it says each guest is allowed one 750 ml of wine per pax. Looked like it was copied from the Canival FAQ. So if there are two of you the 1.5 liter size will be fine. As far as the vodka, you always know you are taking a chance, but probably it will get thru in your checked luggage. I would invest in some rum runner flasks that dont show up in the xray machine to bring booze on if were doing it.

Sassijax,

1.5 bottles of wine are fine. DW and I took three 1.5 ltr bottles on our 5 day Imagination cruise in Feb. and will be taking four 1.5 ltr bottles on the Freedom. Liquor is not allowed, however, I knpw of people that put it in their carry on and nothing was said. If you drink red wine, you might want to have your cab stop at a liquor store and buy the wine in your port city instead of putting it in your luggage. Just a thought...They had us open our carry on in Miami and when they saw the three bottles of wine, they just checked to make sure they weren't already opened and that it actually was wine. Nothing was said about the quantity of bottles.

and a large bottle at that..for the week...have only been chg'd 2x for the opening after many cruises..and that was waaaay back. It is kept cold for me, and my table # on the label. The MD presented me with a nice selection in Jan..as a personal "welcome back" gesture. I did not pay on that as it was "house (ship)wine".Oh... I don't tip MD's unless I req a servce from them, but I do tip my waiters extra for their "sommelier" service.

Archived