Copenhagen Cards

Did you get the actual card? Or, do you have to pick it up when you get to the port? I have read that at some of the ports, you would still need to pick the card up when you get there. If that is the case, it may not be worth ordering it prior to sailing. If we get the card in the mail then I will order ahead of time.

Exactly what do these cards do for you?

We also pre-ordered Copenhagen cards and they arrived last week. We will actually be in the city 2 full days before our cruise and decided that the card would be worth the investment. It offers free transportation on the trains, buses, and metro as well as free admission to over 60 different attractions in the city. We're staying at the airport Hilton and will need daily transportation back and forth from the city centre.

You can read more about the card here:

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/content/press/latest_news/newsarchive/a_new_copenhagen_card

Cindy :)

The cards arrived along with a book with all the free and discounted attractions. It has to be dated the forst time it is used and that is when your time starts. The only thing that I did not see in the book was Tivoli. People have always had it in the past. All the castles, museums and Transport by bus and S Tog train are covered. It is still well worth it even if Tivoli is not included. The Canal boats are discounted too.

Pam

The Oslo card is one where you get a voucher to print out to be exchanged at a kiosk at the port. I guess main advantage is that you just turn in voucher, show ID and get pass and don't have to go through the payment stage.

We also pre-ordered Copenhagen cards and they arrived last week. We will actually be in the city 2 full days before our cruise and decided that the card would be worth the investment. It offers free transportation on the trains, buses, and metro as well as free admission to over 60 different attractions in the city. We're staying at the airport Hilton and will need daily transportation back and forth from the city centre.

You can read more about the card here:

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/content/press/latest_news/newsarchive/a_new_copenhagen_card

Were you able to find on the website what the 60 different attractions that it gives free admission to are? Thanks!

Tivoli was included the last couple of years

I would email visitcopenhagen and Tivoli to confirm that they have dropped participation in the card.

We were able to time our card right and visit Tivoli 2 nights in a row!

If they did drop participation in the card ...I still think it is worth it, but the best way to determine if it is for you

is to number crunch the old fashion way.

list all of the sights you want to see and the admission fees, total it up and determine if you will at least break even.

Also, something to consider....

having the card saves on needing to have additional Danish Kroner, which in turn reduces foreign transaction

fees with credit cards and ATMS

Have a great trip

Karen

http://when.do.we.leave.googlepages.com/balticcruiseportinformation

I e-mailed the Copenhagen tourist information so we will see what they say. The cost of Tivoli was more expensive and would make the card well worth it. Even if we receive a discount to Tivoli, that will be fine.

I e-mailed the Copenhagen tourist information so we will see what they say. The cost of Tivoli was more expensive and would make the card well worth it. Even if we receive a discount to Tivoli, that will be fine.

Found this online at the website I mentioned below, but it's dated from a couple of years ago:

When the Copenhagen Card hits streets on 1 April 2005, even more experiences are offered. This year the card gives free access to Tivoli Gardens, and whether you are visiting the kings' burial chambers in Roskilde, art museums in Copenhagen or beautiful aquarium fish in Charlottenlund, there is money to save. With the Copenhagen Card you also obtain free access to public transportation in the entire capital region.

Please let us know if you get a response back via email!

Were you able to find on the website what the 60 different attractions that it gives free admission to are? Thanks!

Looks like the site is down right now (maybe they're updating the info?) - usually you can go to www.copenhagencard.com and look under "What's Included".

There's too many to list from the book, but these sites are free with the card: Rosenborg Slot (65 kr), Amalienborg Palace (55 kr), NY Carlsberg art museum (50 kr), and if you decide to tour outside of the city, Frederiksborg Slot (60 kr) and Roskilde Domkirke (25 kr) and museum (25 kr) are all free. And transportation to these sites is also free.

We certainly intend to buy and use the CPH card but see no advantage to buying it on line since it is availale at the airport when we arrive as well as at all major hotels, the train station, and tourist offices.

Also for us seniors it appears there is a special rate and that rate is not listed on the internet site.

It does appear to be a great way to get out of town to see the castles as well as the many interesting places in Copenhagen.

We certainly intend to buy and use the CPH card but see no advantage to buying it on line since it is availale at the airport when we arrive as well as at all major hotels, the train station, and tourist offices.

I agree, but my husband wanted to have it in hand before leaving! :rolleyes: We're traveling with my brother and he's going to pick it up at the airport as well.

Cindy :)

Hi Folks!

On the 1st trip for my B2B in 2005..we picked up the cards when we arrived, we picked up the cards at the TI the day

after we arrived as we had a few days before the cruise.Simple simple simple

The TI we used was across from Tivoli and near where the HOHO starts quite easy!

On the 2nd trip May 2007 we were arriving late at the airport on a Saturday, exhausted from a 16 hour journey.

and on Sundays the TI was going to be closed in May.

So online was the best option for that trip, as going to the train station the next day would have taken

about 30 minutes into our day by the time we walked there, waited in line and walked back to the Radhus area.

A policy we have since we fly from California is...we do very little regarding money when we arrive at the airport.

We are exhausted from the long flight and not sleeping on the plane. Past lessons learned are any "rookie" travel judgements

we've made have been when we are incredibly over tired!

I am really disappointed but thanks for the information. We are only in Copenhagen for a day on the Jewel of the Sea so I really have to decide whether it is worth getting a card. I don't know how much we can do in a day. For those who are there overnight, it will be worth it. But, I am not sure for the few hours we are there.

Archived