Copenhagen Cards

It is still worth it for us as we will be there 2 nights and we plan to see all the castles and use the train to do it. I don't think it is that great for you.

Pam

Pam, thanks for the update regarding Tivoli. I agree with you -- I don't think we would have purchased one if only in town for one day. But we plan use those couple of pre-cruise days to go outside of the city on the trains

jdechter - I have to give credit where it's due.... I loved your cruise calendars SO much that I had to make one for myself! :D

Cindy

I will need to figure out what we will be visiting in the one day to see if it is worth it. With Tivoli, it was worth the price but not so sure now. We had looked at the Pincess cruise too sailing from Copenhagen but choose RCCL because they are in the ports (especially Oslo) a little longer. We will be in Copenhagen on a Sunday so I also need to take that in consideration when planning my time.

Hi otogocruisin and jedecther....fellow Valley people! We are from Granada Hills!

I will need to figure out what we will be visiting in the one day to see if it is worth it. With Tivoli, it was worth the price but not so sure now. We had looked at the Pincess cruise too sailing from Copenhagen but choose RCCL because they are in the ports (especially Oslo) a little longer. We will be in Copenhagen on a Sunday so I also need to take that in consideration when planning my time.

Hi otogocruisin and jedecther....fellow Valley people! We are from Granada Hills!

We just moved from the valley to Playa Del Rey. But close enough in terms of where everyone else lives! We had major credits with Princess so did not look at anything else for this trip. We will have to move a little faster in some ports. We travel a lot so will have everything well planned and hopefully get everything done.

Pam

I am a little disappointed with the CPH card and not including Tivoli. Without Tivoli, it no longer makes sense for us. Plus, there is a website - Denmark Today that is still promoting the card and it includes Tivoli on the list of free places to go once you have the card.

I sent an e-mail to the CPH team and included the link that is promoting the card and still showing Tivoli included with the purchase.

Not sure what they will do ....but it should not be advertised that Tivoli is included.

I just checked out the site again today and although you can't view "what's included" with the card, try this page doing a "search specific attraction". Midway down the page you will be able to do a search of the CPH card "free attractions" and "discounted attractions". There are 74 attractions and a handful of discounted ones (HOHO, canal boat, wax museum etc.). They are mainly museum and quite a few of the out of town sites in Hillerod, Roskilde etc. which would include transportation.

You can view each attraction for additional details, which gives the price without the card.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/tourist/what_to_see_and_do/sights_and_attractions/search_attractions

I agree with Nonrev1. The card does not make sense to me. I did not plan to spend a long time at Tivoli doing the rides etc. I just wanted to see it and the gardens.

Otogocruisin...we are almost neighbors compared to the other CC members. How do you like living in Playa Del Rey? It is very different than the valley.

I received an email from the Copenhagen tourist board today which confirms that the Tivoli is no longer included in the card. We are going to be there for a couple of days, so I think that at least a 24 hour card will still be our choice.

I agree with Nonrev1. The card does not make sense to me. I did not plan to spend a long time at Tivoli doing the rides etc. I just wanted to see it and the gardens.

Otogocruisin...we are almost neighbors compared to the other CC members. How do you like living in Playa Del Rey? It is very different than the valley.

We love Playa. We are right down by the beach. Looking forward to a much cooler summer:D . It is very different from the valley. I have to drive much further to grt what I need but it beats my husband driving almost 2 hrs each way on some days to work.

Tivoli is not that exciting to me. I would like to see the lights and gardens too but there are things I would much rather see. We will probably go if it fits in but we may prefer spending time in the evening at Nyhaven.

Pam

We are going to be in Copenhagen from Friday to Wednesday morning, when we board our ship, and I'd like a more relaxing timeframe to see everything. Do you think it's worth it for us to get the two day? Or do they even have a three day? Thanks for the advice - and being a rather over organizer and a line avoider, maybe I'll get them early? we already have tickets to tour Operana. Thanks, Catherine

Pam...I like the Playa area and I would move too if we had a 2 hour drive to work. Luckily, our office is in Northridge and it is only 15 minutes to work. I would like to see Tivoli but not interested in the amusment park rides, etc. I did here on the John Lawrence DVD that there are different prices depending on what activites you want to do in the Gardens. At least you have the night there and can spend more time in Copenhagen.

The card is offered in a 24 hour (209DK adult, 139DK child (10-15)) and 72 hour (439DK, 259DK) version. Each card allows 2 children 0-9. You can order them online here: http://online.citybreak.com/Search/Other/SearchOther.aspx?pdid=4525&onlineid=1459618727 There is a 10DK per card charge and they send you the card and a booklet showing the places to use it. (No Tivoli)

They are also sold at the airport and many of the hotels.

From what I've gathered, their program runs from March of one year to March of the next- each March they make any changes to their prices, what's included, etc. and issue new cards and guidebooks. When I was researching the CPH card earlier this year, Tivoli was still included. But once I went to actually buy the cards, it was already into March and the new updates took effect. I didn't realize this though until I received the cards and was looking through the book. If I had known about this earlier, I probably would not have bought the cards. Seeing as we're only in port one day, I'm not likely to spend my time going to lots of obscure museums. We'll probably use some transit and visit one or two of the places included with the card, but I think we may have to suck it up and just pay to get into Tivoli.

I have no idea about the business dealings between Wonderful Copenhagen and whoever runs Tivoli, but dropping Tivoli from the card seems like a potential loss to both parties (and the tourists). On the plus side, the card arrived very quickly- ordered on a Sunday and arrived on a Wednesday.

I was still thinking about getting the 24 hour card ... but how much is the charge for Tivoli ? I could still use the card to get there along with the other sites. I'm spending enough on this holiday already ...so a little more for the garden probably will not make that big of a differance. I probably will not be back any time soon ...if ever ,so ...I'll pinch pennies elsewhere.

RDHND

If you are not planning to visit other museums in town, you can puchase a 24-hr transportation pass for DKK 110. This pass covers the Metro, buses, and S-tog (train). We plan to do this and then pay separately for Tivoli - the cost would be about the same as the CPH card. Be sure to check where your ship is docked: the S-tog will take you to Langelinie Pier but if you are at the Free Port terminal you will have to walk a bit or take a short taxi ride.

If you are not planning to visit other museums in town, you can puchase a 24-hr transportation pass for DKK 110. This pass covers the Metro, buses, and S-tog (train). We plan to do this and then pay separately for Tivoli - the cost would be about the same as the CPH card. Be sure to check where your ship is docked: the S-tog will take you to Langelinie Pier but if you are at the Free Port terminal you will have to walk a bit or take a short taxi ride.

We decided not to get the Copenhagen Card and to pay for transport and attractions as we go. The option that works best for us is a One-Day Ticket offered by DFDS for DKK75. This ticket includes unlimited travel on the HOHO waterbus, which has 3 routes (the Green Line goes to Langelinie Pier), as well as a 50-min narrated Canal Tour. With this One-Day Ticket, we may have to walk a bit but it's the best deal for what we plan to do. You can see routes/schedules at http://www.dfds.no/DCT/EN/

I have a new list of what's included which was sent to me last week from the Copenhagen Travel Bureau. It shows The Royal Reception Rooms, Christiansborg as being included. Ruinerne under Christiansborg / Ruins of Absalon’s Castle is also covered.

• 2 weeks later...
We are going to be in Copenhagen from Friday to Wednesday morning, when we board our ship, and I'd like a more relaxing timeframe to see everything. Do you think it's worth it for us to get the two day? Or do they even have a three day? Thanks for the advice - and being a rather over organizer and a line avoider, maybe I'll get them early? we already have tickets to tour Operana. Thanks, Catherine

Hi Catherine,

I noticed that you're in CPH from Fri to Wed - what day are you touring the Operaen? We wanted to tour as well but it is only on Sat and Sun. The email I received from the Operaen people confirmed the schedule.

We're not in CPH on the weekends until the disembarkation which is a Sunday. The tour starts at 9:30am and we have a flight at 1:15 p.m. We might still be able to do it but it's going to be stressful as we will be rushing to the airport. Oh...what a disappointment!

• 11 months later...
Hi Catherine,

I noticed that you're in CPH from Fri to Wed - what day are you touring the Operaen? We wanted to tour as well but it is only on Sat and Sun. The email I received from the Operaen people confirmed the schedule.

We're not in CPH on the weekends until the disembarkation which is a Sunday. The tour starts at 9:30am and we have a flight at 1:15 p.m. We might still be able to do it but it's going to be stressful as we will be rushing to the airport. Oh...what a disappointment!

The tour was all in Danish! We did not understand a word but it was a beautiful venue! Too funny to hear the very earnest young man describing the details of the venue. IMO best viewed from the water on a canal tour.

For anyone catching this thread thinking it's new information, I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that most of the posts are from last year.

Why am I doing this? Because, according to one of my cruise mates on our cruise this year, the booklet that comes with the card for this year indicates that Tivoli admission is once again an included benefit.

Archived