Possible to switch passenger?

readytogo2

I have to say, I'm a real mess at the moment. My wife and I are booked for a cruise leaving in 14 days. We just went through a tough year with her Dad dying from cancer, my wife needs this cruise sooo bad. A few days ago, my Mom suffered a severe stroke. I still want my wife to go on this cruise even if I can't.

Does anyone know if Princess can switch my daughter to take my place on this cruise? I'd appreciate a reply if anyone knows anything about this kind of situation.

There will be a name change charge, but YES, you can switch out one passenger in the stateroom as long as one originally booked is still going. I think the fee is around $50 but it has to be done soon. There is a cut off time and hopefully someone else can supply exactly what that timeframe is.

Sorry to hear about your mom.

I agree with the above posts. It will have to be done very soon, as there is a cut-off period. If your agent doesn't work on weekends, I would get in touch with them on Monday. I think it can still be done early next week.

I am sorry for everything your family has gone through this year. My thoughts and prayers are with your mom.

Sounds like you've had a really tough year and are still going through a hard time. The others are correct in that it's $50 to change a name after final payment and the deadline for doing that is coming soon for you. I'd contact my TA today or ASAP about doing that.

Our thoughts are with you. Let us know how it turns out.

Best of luck, I hope everything works out the way you want it to. Just keep in mind, if you need to switch passengers, you are under a time limit here. Since none of us can remember exactly how far in advance they can still switch out one passenger, it might be worth a quick call to your TA or Princess to find out for sure.

Just got off the phone with Princess, as you stated, there will be a $50 name change fee. I just have to let them know before the 7th day prior to the cruise.

Thanks so much for your help and your well wishes:)

Just got off the phone with Princess, as you stated, there will be a $50 name change fee. I just have to let them know before the 7th day prior to the cruise.

That's great, at least you have a little more time to make your decision. And thanks for letting us all know what the cut off time is for changing one of the passengers.

Best of luck, I hope everything works out OK and you are still able to go on your cruise. Will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope your mom recovers from this terrible stroke.

Good to hear, you and your family are in my thoughts.

Jan

Archived