Minimal packing list

Liberty of the Seas... E. Carib.

Just back and WAY over packed!!! Thought this might be a helpful thread... please add your list! Next time I want to pack light!!!

Clothing:

Dinner/evening outfits: 7 (I know... whole discussion here)

shorts or casual outfit: San Juan (we went shopping)

swimsuit/cover up - St. Marten (we went beach & shopping); Labadee; sea days

travel day outfit

pj's (robe from ship)

beach bag, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat

power strip (too many devices to charge!)

fabreeze (had a smoky cabin once... not this time!)

toiletries,camera, passport, money & visa cc!

Just back and WAY over packed!!! Thought this might be a helpful thread... please add your list! Next time I want to pack light!!!

Clothing:

travel day outfit

pj's (robe from ship)

Good news, O Great Light Packer!

You can leave the Febreeze at home. All cabins are now non-smoking. :)

Clothing:

travel day outfit

pj's (robe from ship)

i usually overpack too, will try not to this time. last time i brought a bunch of red bulls that i never drank...however, i'd rather overpack than underpack as far as some things go. like, i don't want to forget the conditioner again, like i did one year, and then have to go to the spa to buy conditioner for fifteen bucks!!!

We just packed for trip on the freedom tomorrow. The thing that kills me is all the shoes. Sneakers for gym, sandals for day, black heels for night, brown heels to match another outfit and white heels for other outfits. So 5 pairs of shoes, but there is nothing I can do. And no black does not go with everything. I am not even a shoe person but come on. 3 pairs just for the kids and husband each. so yes 14 pairs of shoes total for a family of 4. Kids need sneakers, sandals, and dress shoes. CRAZY. Need another bag just for shoes.

We just packed for trip on the freedom tomorrow. The thing that kills me is all the shoes. Sneakers for gym, sandals for day, black heels for night, brown heels to match another outfit and white heels for other outfits. So 5 pairs of shoes, but there is nothing I can do. And no black does not go with everything. I am not even a shoe person but come on. 3 pairs just for the kids and husband each. so yes 14 pairs of shoes total for a family of 4. Kids need sneakers, sandals, and dress shoes. CRAZY. Need another bag just for shoes.

I would change the clothing I'm bringing to match the shoes I really want to bring. Black or brown or white. That's just me, also not a shoe girl.

I would change the clothing I'm bringing to match the shoes I really want to bring. Black or brown or white. That's just me, also not a shoe girl.

Completely agree with this! I will plan my dinner wardrobe around the one pair of dressy shoes I want to bring. I'm also not a shoe girl.

I was planning on mixing & matching some of my dinner outfits. I want to pack lightly but somehow doubt that will happen!

Can I just go to dinner in my bra & panties all week, of course it will be a different pair each night, then I don't have to worry about which shoes to match! lol

I was planning on mixing & matching some of my dinner outfits. I want to pack lightly but somehow doubt that will happen!

Can I just go to dinner in my bra & panties all week, of course it will be a different pair each night, then I don't have to worry about which shoes to match! lol

Lol:) :)

I'm not obsessive about shoes either so I bring one nice pair of sandals and my dinner outfits will match them. Hopefully I'll only need 3 pairs of shoes. We're travelling for a week before the cruise so I'm only going to pack dinner clothes and casual clothes for that week and just have my laundry done the first day I'm on the ship. If I don't I'll wind up packing way too much as usual. Besides that I'm sure I'll buy a few souvenir t-shirts and I can wear them too.

Is there a place to hang an over the door shoe bag?? I've seen this suggestion before. You can put your shoes in however many spots they fill up (hopefully 14 pairs), then if you have spot left over you can put other stuff in the holes!

Yes there is a place for an over the door hanger. I take 3 of them. I hang them right in the closet. I am not a shoe freak (only take 3 pairs) but I am a bathing suit freak! I never go without 10+ suits. I have to have a choice and can never wear a wet one. So if we visit the beach at port, that ones wet, if I go to the pool (the same day) there goes another one. After dinner (same day) if I head into the hot tub , there goes another one. I do know they dry over night, but there is something I have about wearing the same suit 2x. LOL!

I use 2 of the over the door hangers just for Bathing Suits! I seem to have narrowed my overpacking to just one suitcase, it's the bathing suits that cause the extra one!;)

Good news, O Great Light Packer!

You can leave the Febreeze at home. All cabins are now non-smoking. :)

Are the balconies non-smoking or just the room?

My son-10, gets terrible migrains and one of the triggers is the smell of smoke. Thank you very much!

Are the balconies non-smoking or just the room?

My son-10, gets terrible migrains and one of the triggers is the smell of smoke. Thank you very much!

What I understand is that the rooms are now non smoking, but smokers can still light up on the balconies. Unless the door is closed, I don't know how the smoke will stay out of the cabin. I also heard about a fine for those who get caught smoking in their cabin, but have yet to hear about anyone being charged.

If you are a beach/water bugs like our family here my very light basic packing list for clothes only.

For Me (mom)

• Bring very few short outfits. We go from swimwear to dinnerwear almost everday. There is no inbetween for us. I wear my swimsuit coverups more then anything on the cruise. Bring 2-3 bathingsuits and 2 coverups.
  • Match everything to go around 4 pairs of shoes. My suggestions: Sneakers, black flip flops, black wedges, black strappy sandals.
  • If you are flying from somewhere cold, wear comfy yoga pants and a t-shirt with a sweatshirt on the plane and save the same outfit for the way home. Wear your bulkiest shoes (sneakers) to and from so you don't have to pack them.
  • I wear my workout clothes to bed and leave my sneakers/socks right by the foot of the bed. I get up in the morning, put my sneaks on, put my hair in a ponytail and brush my teeth. It is a great motivator to workout plus I don't have to bring any PJ's.
  • Bring simple black dresses for formal wear. Dress them up with sparkling jewelry, nice strappy heels, make-up and an updo.
  • I bring a pair of black pants that I wear twice for dinner with different tops.
  • I bring 1 shirt outfit, 2-3 capri outfits and 2 short outfits
  • I really limit cosmetics/toiletries as well.

Him:

• Jeans, t-shirt and golf-pullover for plane rides (if cold)
  • Bring the same suit, different shirts/ties for formal night
  • Shoes are sneakers, flip flops, brown semi-dressy closed toe sandals, black dress shoes.
  • 2 black pants, 3 khaki pants, multiple short sleeve polo shirts, one or two shot sleeve button down shirts
  • 2-3 bathing suits, 5 nice tees, 5 play tees, 5 shorts
  • One toiletry bag

My 6yr old:

• stretchy pants, tshirt, and sweatshirt for plane rides
  • 8 cotton shorts/cotton tanks and tees (light and easy to pack)
  • 4 sundresses, 2 capri outfits, 3 nightgowns, 3 bathing suits, coverall
  • white summer sneakers (that you just slip on), white semi-dressy sandals, white flip flops
  • no toiletries need except her toothbrush and ponytail holders

Thats it! :)

I really wish you could edit later on. I am so BAD with typos!

I bring 1 shirt outfit, 2-3 capri outfits and 2 short outfits

woops I meant one skirt outfit, lol

2 black pants, 3 khaki pants, multiple short sleeve polo shirts, one or two shot sleeve button down shirts

Two short sleeve shirts - not shot.

Archived