Booking multiple cabins?

Hi,

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to how to book online for multiple cabins? Any agencies are better/cheaper than others?

I actually want to book 3 cabins (1 interior, 1 exterior and 1 balcony!)

We are:

- 2 adults, 4 seniors (55+)

- 2 Canadian residents, 4 Australian residents

- Booking from Australia

We are all first time cruisers and I don't know where to start... :confused:

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to how to book online for multiple cabins? Any agencies are better/cheaper than others?

I actually want to book 3 cabins (1 interior, 1 exterior and 1 balcony!)

We are:

- 2 adults, 4 seniors (55+)

- Booking from Australia

We are all first time cruisers and I don't know where to start... :confused:

Thanks for your help!

On our first cruise 2 other couples were traveling with us. I called the cruiseline directly so that I could link all 3 reservations and find 3 cabins close together. I was able to make reservations for everyone, and then they called the same travel agent with their credit card information. At the time I booked, the online price was exactly the same price we paid using the cruiseline agent, but it just seemed easier since I was able to have all my questions answered over the phone. Since all 3 reservations were linked, we all had the same dining time and table. It worked out great.

First, CC rules prohibit mentioning of specific travel agents.

Depending on the cruise line you select, some don't permit discounting (like Royal Caribbean).

You can shop around though as sometimes you can get perks like on-board credit, pre paid gratutites, etc.

If you have a good local travel agent and you can speak with that person in person, that's what I would do. If not, call the cruise line directly.

hth

- Booking from Australia

As others have said, I would shop around a bit. The internet has many links to on-line cruise agents. While I don't know this, it would be worth looking at booking from Canada or US-based travel agents as well as Australia. It could be that pricing is different. It could be that prices in North America are cheaper based on the size of the market. I am not sure on this but it is worth a look.

I would book with a "live" agent or at least find one that you can talk to frequently AND easily by phone. You are first timers, and there is a lot to consider with regard to itinerary, cruiseline,ship,room choice, dinner seatings, transportation. Things to look out for etc. Plus you have people in different countries. :eek:

Head to a reliable agency in your home town and start learning before you try booking on line.

Archived