Hi Sue,

I picked up your tip the other day about getting insurance through statravel and went ahead and picked up a policy for 1/2 the price of most others. My question is:

In my email confirmation, I only received confirmation that I purchased travel insurance for an 8-15 day trip, but did not receive an attachment with the actual policy. Will I get another email with the policy or do I just print the policy up off of the website? How did it work for you?

Great tip, by the way, it saved me over $150.00 on my Alaskan cruise insurance.

When are you sailing? I think if I am remembering it correctly there was a download attachment in that email. It could have been a week or so later, sorry I honestly don't remember the exact time frame. Glad to be of help. Call them they are very easy to deal with.

I'm not sailing until May 09, so if I don't get an email with an attached policy within a few days, I'll give them a call. Thanks for the tip though, it sure saved me some money and god knows I'll need every extra penny for Alaska.

I'm not sailing until May 09, so if I don't get an email with an attached policy within a few days, I'll give them a call. Thanks for the tip though, it sure saved me some money and god knows I'll need every extra penny for Alaska.

Yes you will but make sure you do the glacier landing. It was one of the most surreal , amazing experiences abd was worth EVERY penny. These are my kids running around. Just seeing their faces was as they say....priceless.

IMG_2801.jpg

Chiming in here with another vote for the glacier walk. We took the helicopter ride and glacier walk a few years ago, and like Sue has said it is WORTH every penny!!!! Expensive but the memories will last a lifetime!!!!

My hubby and I were thinking that a glacier walk was going to be too expensive and we were going to pass on it, but after showing him that picture, he said there is no way we can pass it up. We'll never see anything like that anywhere again. I don't care if I have to start collecting bottles and cans and saving every penny...we are doing a glacier walk! Thanks for that beautiful picture Sue! Awesome!

My hubby and I were thinking that a glacier walk was going to be too expensive and we were going to pass on it, but after showing him that picture, he said there is no way we can pass it up. We'll never see anything like that anywhere again. I don't care if I have to start collecting bottles and cans and saving every penny...we are doing a glacier walk! Thanks for that beautiful picture Sue! Awesome!

Please click on the link in my signature for picture of the cruise. I love to show them off, as my hubby is a wonderful photographer. :D

I loved your pictures Sue! They make me even more excited for Alaska. I just wish it wasn't over a year away.

Did you do your glacier walk in Skagway and did you do it through the ship or on your own? Do you remember the cost? Most of the independent websites do not list their prices, so I'd like to get an idea if it's cheaper to book independently or through the ship.

I loved your pictures Sue! They make me even more excited for Alaska. I just wish it wasn't over a year away.

Did you do your glacier walk in Skagway and did you do it through the ship or on your own? Do you remember the cost? Most of the independent websites do not list their prices, so I'd like to get an idea if it's cheaper to book independently or through the ship.

We did it in Juneau and through the ship. I would suggest you do it in Skagway if you don't have anything else booked for there as the weather is more consistent there according to the shore desk and go for late morning or early afternoon so any fog has a chance to burn off. Book the tour as soon as they become available. Ours was about 7 months out and we paid 295$ per person. If you want to see the blues like in my pictures do NOT do the one with the dog sled as that area is at a higher elevation and is white snow and not the blue ice. Here is Temsco's website. They were the company RCCL uses and were amazing. http://www.temscoair.com/ I don't think they book independently as they are contracted to the ship's but not positive.

Thanks Sue, I was planning to do the whale watching in Juneau, so the glacier walk in Skagway will be perfect. I've bookmarked Temsco's site and their tours sound great. I think I'll just go ahead and book through the ship for this tour. You've been a BIG, BIG, help for me tonight.

Archived