I have a few questions

ally&tommysmom

I've looked through previous posts regarding noise from elevators or laundry, but i haven't seen any comments (good or bad) from cabin to cabin.

How is the sound proofing between cabins on the ship? When we go to a hotel i like to shower at night so dh and i don't run into problems getting ready in one bathroom in the morning. i'm always concerned about whether the shower noise and hairdryer are loud enough for other hotel guests to hear. i don't want to be the idiot everyone is irritated with if i shower and dry my hair at 1am. kwim? Are the cabins pretty well sound proofed?

I posted my next question on the St. Thomas board, but no one has answered it yet. My dh and i are interested in the Sail and Snorkel at Turtle Cove. If I want to do the regular snorkel and he wants to do the power snorkel, will we be on the same excursion just w/ different equipment or are they two completely different tours?

Also, I know there are a few different types of snorkeling tours (power boat snorkel, sail & snorkel, etc) but it seems like there are several tour operators going to each excursion when you look privately. Does Princess have one operator they use for this tour or do they use several?

Thanks!!!

Christy

I have never before noticed either shower noise or hairdryer noise coming from an adjacent cabin. I have occasionally heard a hairdryer from a cabin when walking down the hallway but have never heard a thing while in my cabin.

Even on the smaller Princess ships, the cabins are pretty much sound proof. I have never heard our neighbors on any of the vessels we've sailed, even the small river boats. Sure wish hotels could figure out how the ships do it!

Charlie

I agrere with what the OPs have said. The cabins are amazingly quiet.

We've had cabins right by the elevators in the past and never hears any noise from them. Once in a while, as people walk past our door, if they are talking really loudly, we might hear muffled voices, but not well enough to hear what they are saying.

I think some of the benefits to noise control is the mindless gray noise generated by the constant low hum of the ships engines. Office buildings always build in gray noise generators which go a long way to masking noise and the ships actually have a very built in source for this.

You will be on the same excursion, just diffrent equipment......just be SURE to check in at the Shore Excursions desk the first day you are on the ship to let them know you are together. That way they will be sure to put you on the same boat in case there are two boats.

We LOVED this excursion :D My husband and I both did the power snorkle.

Anne

I posted my next question on the St. Thomas board, but no one has answered it yet. My dh and i are interested in the Sail and Snorkel at Turtle Cove. If I want to do the regular snorkel and he wants to do the power snorkel, will we be on the same excursion just w/ different equipment or are they two completely different tours?

Thanks!!!

Christy

We were in b703 right across from the elevators and they never bothered us at all. Indeed it was a perk having them so close.

As nancyquilts says the only time you hear noise from next door is when you are in the bathroom and their toilet flushes.

Archived