departure from Cape Liberty in March

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

We were just on a 5 night out of NJ to Bermuda when you posted this. It was kind of cool and cloudy, and we we hit a storm. Pool deck was pretty empty, no shortage of chairs! I would suggest bringing warm clothing like a sweatshirt and windbreaker. Once you get past the first two days the weather should be beautiful. We have the 10 night Jewel repo out of Boston a couple of times and another repo out of NJ in the fall. This trip in April was the most rocky. I always slap a patch knowing my history with car sickness.:(

We were on a 7 niter on the Explorer in early November to Bermuda and Boston. The weather was cool going out and brisk coming back. The solarium was packed. Belly flop contest pretty much flopped in the 50 degree weather. We didn't hit high seas and the sailing was smooth.

I had clients on the Explorer in Feb and March and no one mentioned rough seas. You just need to take layers and as the weather warms up take some off.

I sat out on the balcony on the way up to Bermuda. It was chilly so I pulled one of the blankets off the bed and sat outside and read.

• 2 weeks later...

The answer is it depends. We were on the 2/24 cruise - it was nice but nippy leaving NY. Overnight we got into the Gulf Stream and you could be outside in a turtleneck and sweater - coming from New England that seemed like spring. By day 2 we were pretty far south, so you could be outside in shirtsleeves or a bathing suit.

Coming back people were in bathing suits on the pool deck until about 4 pm the day before we arrived.

However, if you read the reviews, some sailings do hit storms and high seas. No one was really complaining - it sounded kind of exciting. The ship seems to handle it well.

Archived