Vista ocean view cabins.

bcscot

On the pre-vistas, we have always been happy with an ocean view cabin on Dolphin or A deck. We have always had a balcony on the Vistas. The ocean view cabins either seem to have an obstructed view or they are under the public rooms & may be noisy. Can anyone give me the benefit of their experience of these cabins? I imagine that they will be the same on the Eurodam.

Thanks.

Graham.

Not exactly what you're asking about, but...

I've stayed in an inside cabin on Main Deck on the Noordam, and have booked a similar location on the E-dam. Both cabins are a little forward of the mid-ship atrium, and probably under the Queens Lounge.

I never heard a peep. Obviously, I liked the area or I wouldn't have booked it for the E-dam. I was disappointed that I couldn't get the same area for my next Noordam booking. :(

Hope this helps.

Dear Graham,

I've been in J-category cabins on Main Deck on three cruises, and neither time was I bothered by any noise from above.

I have also been in an outside G-category cabin aboard the Noordam -- and will be, again, on the Eurodam in July -- and loved it. The view was only partly obstructed ... in fact, I could see beautifully. Go here to see photos from the G-category cabin, including its view:

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/noordam2007/PhotoAlbum190.html

I was in 1110 on the Oosterdam, below the dining room, and heard little, if any, noise. Since it was an upgrade from an inside cabin, I wouldn't have complained even if I DID hear noise. :D

Roz

We recently cruised on the Westerdam on the Main Deck rooms 1058 and 1064. They were directly below the Northern Lights disco. You could hear the bass from the sound system from 9:15pm to 2:15am. It was not a problem for me as much as it was for my three children. HAL did take care of us in the end.

Thank you one & all for your input. We like the balcony but never make good use of it (especially as they allow smokers out there) so will maybe try one of these ocean view cabins (but not under the disco!).

Graham.

Archived