Obstructed balconies?

katier825

A few weeks ago, I was browsing through numerous Carnival cruises and recalled seeing notations about obstructed balconies on some of the Carnival ships. I believe some of them are actually blocked by lifeboats vs. beams. Is anyone familiar with which class of ship and categories these obstructed balconies are in? How much are they obstructed? If I were to book a guarantee, is this what they will stick me with? :eek:

Thanks! :)

Is anyone familiar with which class of ship and categories these obstructed balconies are in?

Conquest class ships - category 7a.

How much are they obstructed?

The obstruction is mostly below the rail. Someone had a great post with a picture of these cabins. Hopefully, they'll repost it for you!!

If I were to book a guarantee, is this what they will stick me with? :eek:

Depends on the guarantee. If you book an inside guarantee, you'll most likely get a category 5A, which is full obstructed french doors. If you book an oceanview guarantee, you may get an obstructed balcony. If you book a balcony guarantee, you'll get an 8A or better.

Thanks! :)

You're welcome!! :D

on some ships like the miracle the first 3 lifeboats from the front of the ship have more of an obstruction than the ones midship and back farther , ,,and the ones shown in the previous post are the less obstructive ones.. tty to get a room in betewwn the lifeboats, if you look they'll be less obstructed as well... that's what i booked on miracle upper deck 5.

I just posted a couple of days ago about 7A on the Spirit. The pictures sort of depict what "yeahbaby" describes. That's a nice exterior shot that "bakechef" has. I've also got a couple of pictures of a 5A from the outside, from the deck below. Hope this link works..........I'm new to this!

The photos all are titled but then below the photo, under the info about when the pic was uploaded, and the album, etc. most of the pic's have some notes........like one of the views notes it's from the last of the 3 higher lifeboats, one notes that you can see the connecting door open, etc. Most people may know about this area, and to look there, but I didn't! Just thought I'd mention it!

Sherry

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=752191

We had an obstructed balcony on our alaska trip two years ago. If we looked directly down you could see the life boat. I assume if you have an unobstructed you cant see much if you look down either. We loved the room and are looking at it again for alaska of 09. It is about 150 less that a deck four balcony. I can easily use that extra on something else.

Archived