My First Seabourn Cruise March 17-30, 2008

Ms. J.

Whew! I was hoping for a quiet transatlantic cruise this November. Sounds like there wasn't much on yours. My husband and I are very private (I wouldn't say anti-social, we just like our own company a lot), so will we have a horrible time with all this activity? Will we be shunned if we enjoy occasional interaction with fellow passengers but avoid the group festivities? Of course, the plaid, ugly tie, etc. functions are private, I guess, but that's okay. I'm a bit apprehensive about all this comraderie. Hope I don't come off as a snob; it's just that my husband is hard of hearing, so group "things" are a bit tough for him. Thanks for any input.

I think you will find that the vast majority of guests on Seabourn are of a like kind to you. But, as in life, variety makes things interesting.:)

Even the new ships are being built to assure Seabourn guests have the "intimacy" and "luxury" that they now enjoy on the present ships (quoting its president, Pam Conover, in her press release of yesterday).

I wouldn't worry that things like a missing stuffed bear or a small one morning party in one or two adjoining suites will impact your expected style of cruising. Just as some people have inside jokes or may celebrate a birthday or anniversary with a small private function, which Seabourn will gladly assist with, Seabourn works hard to assure the "intimacy" and "luxury" which you and many others seek out are omnipresent.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

• 2 months later...

Hi to everyone!

I just received a phone call from Jeannie (of Chris and Jeannie, UK-ers), and I came back to this thread to "relive" with happy memories of all who made this cruise fantastic. I hope you're all well and happy! Jini

Hello Jini

Glad to see you're back on "the board!"

Sorry we'll miss you on the Oct. Pride TA Crossing as I noticed you'll be sailing to Hawaii ~~ Captain Dexter will be at the helm and I understand he is planning a few Atlantic Ocean surprises!

Have a nice week!:p

MB

Well, hello, Miss Martha.....

I haven't forgot to mail you some pics....just never get around to buying some photo paper...been really busy with my business. Just be sure on your crossing to have your bed facing the right way(!) I'll be thinking of you.

Jini

Jini,

After my "spell" of reverse vertigo I called Blue Lagoon Dr. and requested my 'ole regular suite for the Oct. Crossing ~~I surely do not want anymore bouts with "sailing backwards!":eek:

Have a great summer!:p

MB

Archived