Does anyone wear a fanny pack?

Wasubi03

people who are wearing fanny packs are probably also wearing sneakers, shoes or worst, sandals, with socks............

And your point? I have used a fanny pack and it has served a useful purpose. I now use a backpack as I have expanded the amount of junk I carry.

I just couldn't possibly wear a fanny pack. I saw my MIL wear one on a cruise, that was enough to make me never want to wear one. ;)

Michelle! Your response just cracked me up! We are going on a family cruise in August, with my 3 sons, and their families. I am sure that my darling DIL's will probably have the same reaction as you :eek:

Makes me think that I will probably be the only one in our group to wear a fanny pack...but as another poster said - I really wear mine over my tummy, kind of slightly on my hips.

Can't believe 5 pages of posts regarding fanny packs! :p

I find this thread so funny! I was going to ask if anyone still wore fanny packs, and then I found this! I did a scrapbook of our last cruise and found a picture of myself wearing my fanny pack. OH MY!!! I love my little black fanny pack but I guess it does not return the sentiment so much!!!:) I think the reason that it is called a FANNY pack is because even though you wear the pack in front, the strap in back makes things appear larger than than they are! Or at least that is my hope!! I think I might try one of the Travalon bags from QVC.

Buy the way I have been known to where socks with my sandals too but one thing at a time....:D

And your point? I have used a fanny pack and it has served a useful purpose. I now use a backpack as I have expanded the amount of junk I carry.

my point is, you probably also wear shoes and socks while on a beach.

lose the fanny pack, it's tragic......

people who are wearing fanny packs are probably also wearing sneakers, shoes or worst, sandals, with socks............

Excuse me??? I have a small, flat, unobtrusive fanny pack that is really more of a "waist wallet." Any problems with my "look" are more than worth the added security. Yes, I wear sandals (without socks). So shoot me.

One smalllllllll question: If you aren't wearing sneakers, sandals, or shoes, what are you... barefoot? Army boots, maybe?

(This message has been brought to you by the Power of the Comma.) :D

Of course, I don't wear mine on my actual fanny. I always have it front, kind of off to my right side just a wee bit. They ought to call them "tummy packs". :D

Me too! I just haven't found anything that works as well to keep my camera handy in ports. Mine is black and holds sea pass card, money, credit card, tissues, lip balm and sun glasses. If someone doesn't like how I look, look elsewhere. One of the benefits of being a senior citizen is to consider your own comfort in clothes and accessories and not worry about other's opinions.

Excuse me??? I have a small, flat, unobtrusive fanny pack that is really more of a "waist wallet." Any problems with my "look" are more than worth the added security. Yes, I wear sandals (without socks). So shoot me.

One smalllllllll question: If you aren't wearing sneakers, sandals, or shoes, what are you... barefoot? Army boots, maybe?

(This message has been brought to you by the Power of the Comma.) :D

come on, it's ok to admit you carry your socks in your fanny pack

army boots would look better any day than a fanny pack;)

I used to wear fanny packs until our grown son constantly made fun of me and then I found a cute small shoulder bag that's perfect for excursions. That being said, last October, my DH who teaches at an elementary school, had a night out for his kids and their parents. One mother, who was young and attractive, had on an (eek) fanny pack. She looked so cool. It was a little one but it held everything she needed. (Not like the huge things DH likes that even holds water bottles and looks like a backpack around your waist - LOL). In talking to her, I found out that she is a flight attendant for a major airline. Well, now my ideas of a fanny pack have changed. Didn't look so bad after all. I may just get one for our next cruise!!! Travelgirl

I hate to say it but I am thinking of wearing a fanny pack so I can put my wallet, cell phone, and passport in it! I know it's not cool to wear a fanny pack but I am just curious how many people use them or think it is a good idea?:D

Heck NO! That just screams TOURIST!!!! They are the most ugliest things invented and I would not be caught dead wearing one. I laugh at the tourists that come into the city and they have their little fanny packs..LOL.

I have to say that any time I think of a fanny pack an image flashes through my mind of Shelley Winters as Roseanne's mom on the old TV show...she was sporting a fanny pack and a baseball cap as I recall...not an attractive image...but funny as all get out!

come on, it's ok to admit you carry your socks in your fanny pack

army boots would look better any day than a fanny pack;)

Uh uh. Socks wont fit in my fan... er... waist wallet! :p

Mine looks kind of like this:

http://www.ebags.com/products/index.cfm?modelid=10731&sourceID=NXTAG00001

only bone colored.

I REALLY like that Gucci one... and this one from Prada is kinda cute too. :)

http://www.ampmfashion.com/prbltewapobm.html

There may be pros and cons about fanny packs, but to me they are a) really lumpy looking and b) an invitation to pickpockets, especially when worn on the fanny. I really prefer something I can clamp under my arm, like a shoulder bag. Call me suspicious, but I wouldn't even trust a backpack.

I have fanny packs in my closet - haven't worn them in a long time, but I always liked the fact that my hands were free. I wore them in front as well - seems stupid to wear them on your rear end. I get so sick of my bag slipping off my shoulder every time I bend slightly to look at something. Then it goes 'whomp' & slams into something. My kids hate the packs. We may take a nylon drawstring backpack, but those are just one big pouch - no dividers or anything, which I hate. I may keep my eyes open for something that won't wrinkle my shirt, but I'm sure not gonna lose sleep over someone else's opinion of a fanny pack. For myself, I'd rather see someone with one of those than someone wearing daisy dukes with their cheeks hanging out.

It's a vacation, not a beauty pageant. As far as being noticed as a tourist - you really think that by carrying a purse instead of a fanny pack that you will blend in? Open your mouth once & people know you're not local. I have found that people are more helpful to those who readily admit they are visiting anyway.

Gay, like a tie and short sleeve shirt.

Pfft. None of the gay men I know would be caught dead in a short sleeve shirt and tie!:D

Everybody knows short sleeve shirts and ties aren't gay! They're NERDY! :cool:

Archived