Solstice cabin query

güerejo

Have a couple of cabins " on hold" at the moment. I know we're all just taking a "shot in the dark" right now, as no one knows for sure if the deck plans will accurately reflect the ship (my guess is they'll be maybe 85-90% accurate). Just wondering what some of you experienced celebrity cruisers think. I had booked 1229 originally, but after reading about people's experiences on an angled balcony (wind, everyone can see you etc.) decided to go aft. I know this is a TA in November, so it could be a little bumpy back there, but I'm willing to take the risk. I also have 1672 and 1407 on hold at the moment. I'm thinking 1407 may be the better bet, as 1672 is only 2 decks down from the sunset bar, so it may be a little noisy? At least there are rooms above, the pool isn't going all the way to the back. I thought it might be nice to be on the same floor as aqua class as is 1672? But the more I think about it, I think 1407 may be better. Anyone have any experience with aft, and whether it's better to be higher upper or lower down? Any help is much appreciated :) I know this seems like a lot of debate just for a cabin, but that's half the fun in cruising, no? Especially, when it's almost 2 years before you sail! :D

Anyone have any experience with aft, and whether it's better to be higher upper or lower down?

I always shoot for an aft facing balcony for the beautiful, wide view. I also love watching the wake of the ship, and the sound the water makes. On M-class ships I avoid deck 9, because it is right underneath the outside dining/bar area. Decks 8, 7 and 6 are all perfect though. For now, I am following the same strategy on Solstice! I booked the SV category in the 8000-series.

Cheers -

Floris

I agree with Floris. The aft view is great. I don't think you can go far wrong with either of those cabins. Looking at the deck plan, 1407 is a connecting stateroom. I can't quite picture the arrangement for the connecting cabins on Solstice/Equinox. They describe there being a vestibule at the cabin entrance rather than just a connecting door in the wall which is probably a better arrangement, but I'd probably take 1672 as this isn't a connecting cabin. Two decks down from the public deck is a non-issue in my view.

Phil

Interesting thread, especially since we're booked in an aft cabin on the Continental deck on Solstice for the New Years sailing this year. This will be our first time on Celebrity and our first aft cabin. Does anyone have any thoughts on being on the lowest deck of aft cabins and immediately above a restaurant - in this case the Tuscan Grill. Looks like that deck juts out a bit right below ours.

Interesting thread, especially since we're booked in an aft cabin on the Continental deck on Solstice for the New Years sailing this year. This will be our first time on Celebrity and our first aft cabin. Does anyone have any thoughts on being on the lowest deck of aft cabins and immediately above a restaurant - in this case the Tuscan Grill. Looks like that deck juts out a bit right below ours.

Vince, I'm on the Continental Deck in an aft facing cabin on Equinox. My experience is that you get more noise if there is something above you than below. Of course I may eat my words when I actually get on Equinox, but I'm not worried having booked it. There does appear to be a ledge that juts out below the balcony and once again time will tell as to how much of a ledge it is, but it won't stop the look at the wake or that 180° view at least:cool:

Phil

I always shoot for an aft facing balcony for the beautiful, wide view. I also love watching the wake of the ship, and the sound the water makes. On M-class ships I avoid deck 9, because it is right underneath the outside dining/bar area. Decks 8, 7 and 6 are all perfect though. For now, I am following the same strategy on Solstice! I booked the SV category in the 8000-series.

Cheers -

Floris

My sentiments exactly!

Vince, I'm on the Continental Deck in an aft facing cabin on Equinox. My experience is that you get more noise if there is something above you than below. Of course I may eat my words when I actually get on Equinox, but I'm not worried having booked it. There does appear to be a ledge that juts out below the balcony and once again time will tell as to how much of a ledge it is, but it won't stop the look at the wake or that 180° view at least:cool:

My thoughts exactly Phil. Public area above = bad. Below = good. I expect that one of the nice things about being that low is that we won't see anyone on their balconies below us (although we'll be on display to all above us). It's mostly a wait and see for now with everything about the ship, but it's sure fun to speculate.

I have the sky Suite booked on the resort deck. It is right below the Sunset bar. This is my first time in an aft or a suite and I hope the noise won't be too bad. The sky suites are all booked for my sailing so I can't change anyway. I am so looking foward (or aft) to the view.

Archived