Feedback needed on cabin

I would like to get your opinions on cabin 1594 on any of the Radiance class ships. We have just been moved from our coveted hump cabin to this one. I know it's an upgrade and I should be grateful (especially since it's a 14 night cruise and the extra room will be nice) but it's all the way at the back of the ship (but not an aft). I don't want to look a gift horse (or cabin) in the mouth, but I love being close to the stairs to run up and down when needed. Makes it easy when you forget something in the cabin and have to go back.

Any feedback on this cabin....pros/cons?

I would like to get your opinions on cabin 1594 on any of the Radiance class ships. We have just been moved from our coveted hump cabin to this one. I know it's an upgrade and I should be grateful (especially since it's a 14 night cruise and the extra room will be nice) but it's all the way at the back of the ship (but not an aft). I don't want to look a gift horse (or cabin) in the mouth, but I love being close to the stairs to run up and down when needed. Makes it easy when you forget something in the cabin and have to go back.

Any feedback on this cabin....pros/cons?

Moved from what cabin??

The new cabin is a Jr. Suite with a full tub/shower AND .....3 cruise credits for a 14 night cruise!:)

BILL

Depending on what cabin you are being moved from, you could actually have a larger balcony with the upgrade. As posted before, what cabin did you have booked? The room in the Junior Suite is really nice to have along with the extra closet space.

OK...I see from another post you made that you had been in a D1...

Start doing your cartwheels now!:D

You hit the jackpot! A JS for a 14 night cruise. You will love it. Yes, the walk will be longer, but think about the extra food you can eat with all the extra exercise!

ALSO...your balcony is 50% larger!

HAVE FUN!

BILL

That cabin will be such a step-up from what you had! It's worth that looong walk down the hallway!!! (Yes, the hallways are long on Radiance class!)

Great upgrade! (And, you're only 1 deck down from the pool and all!)

Yes, it's going from a D1 to a JS, but our D1 was 9592, which was on the hump and had a slightly bigger balcony. It was the location that I loved.

I'm a bit concerned about noise from the Windjammer above us. As far as being close to the pool, this is an Alaskan cruise, so don't know how popular the pool will be!

DH says he likes the idea of having all the space, especially since it is a long cruise and we will probably use the cabin a lot.

Does anyone know if the sitting area is next to the sliding doors, or is the bed?

If my memory serves me correctly your couch will be next to the sliding glass door. We have been right under the Wiindjammer on the Radiance class on several cruises. We haven't heard any noise at all. It looks like you balcony on your new cabin will be larger than your D1 cabin. It won't be as deep as your D1, but will be wider. Have a great cruise.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1506631802048908256TaiFKF

Here's some photos (not mine) of a Junior Suite on the Radiance. WOW, look at all the room. It will be worth the walk. Also looking at the deck plan for the new cabin, you won't be too far from the stairs, just not the center stairs.

Found some more photos, this time on the Serenade:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1204661920049345817hCipnE

To see the additional photos in each album, be sure to click on next in the right corner. This way you will see additional views of the junior suite.

*****/deckplan.php?schiff=Serenade+of+the+Seas

Milliesmom, thanks for the links to the photos. That IS a lot of room! One thing though, those stairs on the deck plan are for crew only. I have been on 3 Radiance class ships and they are all like that. I don't know why they even put them on the deck plans because people are misled into thinking they can use those stairs to just run up to the WJ. Not so.....you have to walk all the way to the center of the ship to go up or down.

But I do appreciate the photos. The suite looks VERY conducive for room service!

Milliesmom, thanks for the links to the photos. That IS a lot of room! One thing though, those stairs on the deck plan are for crew only. I have been on 3 Radiance class ships and they are all like that. I don't know why they even put them on the deck plans because people are misled into thinking they can use those stairs to just run up to the WJ. Not so.....you have to walk all the way to the center of the ship to go up or down.

But I do appreciate the photos. The suite looks VERY conducive for room service!

My Junior Suite on Radiance had a walk in closet a huge bonus for a 14 day cruise!!!

Archived