Dumb question, I am sure

I am assuming (based on another thread here) that deck 7 aft rooms are nicer than other rooms? Are the balconies bigger for these rooms? And if so, are the actual rooms smaller to make up for the bigger balconies? I am asking specifically about the large oceanview staterooms not the suites.

Here's a picture from 6388, as you can see the view from 1 deck above isn't much different. It's the Radiance class that has the fantastic aft balconies. We had a side balcony on our last cruise on Liberty and loved it.

aft6388.jpg

Here's a picture from 6388, as you can see the view from 1 deck above isn't much different. It's the Radiance class that has the fantastic aft balconies. We had a side balcony on our last cruise on Liberty and loved it.

aft6388.jpg

Wow! Now that's what I call a big balcony!

With all the unflattering talk of aft for Freedom and Voyager class I was nervous taking an aft deck 7. Unfortunately we booked late and that is what was left for Freedom OTS when we sailed. It turned out to be a very nice view IMO. I've been aft on Legend OTS and IT WAS NICER but Freedom Aft was a nice view also just different. The things that were a draw back to me was the upper decks could look down on you if you were at the railing. Soot did fall onto chairs so we just kept chairs under covering. And last was the walk. On Freedom it was FAR lol.

How ugly would that be!!

Can you jump the rail at all or anything?

I would be upset if I booked that room and didn't know!

We were excited about our aft balcony until we saw it. You can't go into the area beyond your railing. We had friends who had an aft on Brilliance the year before so we got an aft on Navigator thinking it was similar. They almost should put "obstructed view" in the description on the website.

Deck 7 aft cabins are fabulous. You won't even see the steel after a day or so. Ron's picture is Deck SIX. Avoid Deck 6.

view from 7394:

1050572181036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

1064693601036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

1064693763036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

balcony of 7690:

1074767504036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

7688's balcony, and view:

1114447175036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

You get about a 120º view from 7688:

1048328776036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

Deck 7 aft cabins are fabulous. You won't even see the steel after a day or so. Ron's picture is Deck SIX. Avoid Deck 6.

I'm surprised the view is that much better than deck 6. It must be fantastic by deck 9 or 10. I still think I'd prefer a side balcony unless it was a higher deck.

I'm surprised the view is that much better than deck 6. It must be fantastic by deck 9 or 10. I still think I'd prefer a side balcony unless it was a higher deck.

Deck 10 aft's are the best! Having sailed them on both Mariner and Serenade I can say definitively the higher deck you go, the less you are obstructed. Radiance class has no obstruction and the Voyager class very minimal from deck 10. DW and I love the bigger balcony, don't mind the extra motion. As for the longer walk? Well, a little extra walking means an extra dessert and snack :D

Deck 10 aft's are the best! Having sailed them on both Mariner and Serenade I can say definitively the higher deck you go, the less you are obstructed. Radiance class has no obstruction and the Voyager class very minimal from deck 10. DW and I love the bigger balcony, don't mind the extra motion. As for the longer walk? Well, a little extra walking means an extra dessert and snack :D

Woo hoo!

Had deck 9 last year and loved it. Will be on Deck 10 in two weeks!:D

Archived