Does Americam Airlines have the luggage services at SJ peir

F858MM

Would like to send the luggage ahead to the airport when we disembark nay info would be great.

On the Crown last month, they had a service that would check your bags thru on return. I can't remember what it cost because most every airline except USAir (the one I was on) was in it.

Would like to send the luggage ahead to the airport when we disembark nay info would be great.

American, Continental, Delta, United, Northwest and Jet Blue all participate in Easycheck at San Juan.

Easycheck allows you to have your luggage checked through your airline. You pick up your bags at your final destination. Deadline to enroll is 12N Wednesday. You'll find an application form in your cabin. I used this leaving Crown in February. It was very convenient, especially with a late afternoon or evening flight. Your airline boarding pass is sent to your stateroom the evening before departure.

All you need to do at the airport is go thru security. :)

The service fee is $15 p/person

We used Easycheck last Sunday when we disembaked the Island Priness in Fort Lauderdale for our United flights to LAX. Worked perfect! We checked 3 bags, 2 were tagged as "heavy" when we retrieved them at LAX and there were no extra charges. Couple traveling with us checked 4 bags, 2 of theirs were also tagged as 'heavy' but no extra charges.

You will receive special barcoded white bag tags on the ship along with your boarding passes. The debarkation groups included 4-5 dediicated Easycheck groups...we were in group 'WhiteA' and were the very first group to disembark. You retrieve your bags as normal, drag them through customs and then as we exited the terminal we immediately handed the bags to the Easycheck porters. They scan the barcode on our WhiteA tags and then place the normal airline bag tags on your bag, sort them by airline and haul them to the airport.

I was a little worried that we would never see them again but all 7 bags arrived in LAX on our flight....no problem and we made connections at Dulles enroute to LAX.

For $15/person, it was well worth it and worked perfect.:)

Slumpy

Archived