Sorry Search Down, How can you tell if your ship is sold out?

NJCruiser23

I'm sure I saw this somewhere awhile ago. Now that we are leaving next week I was curious if our ship is sold out. Tried to do a search and can't, at least on my computer, get it to work. Thanks for all the replies. Can't believe we will be on the ship a week from today! Yeah!!!!:D Sorry about the repeat!!:D

I'm sure I saw this somewhere awhile ago. Now that we are leaving next week I was curious if our ship is sold out. Tried to do a search and can't, at least on my computer, get it to work. Thanks for all the replies. Can't believe we will be on the ship a week from today! Yeah!!!!:D Sorry about the repeat!!:D

Well, the obvious answer would be to call Carnival. But if you feel like taking a little more time and playing Sherlock, I would imagine the other way would be to go to Carnival's website and go into your cruise as if you were going to book it. It will ask you to choose a cabin category and then it will give you the avaialable cabins for that category...you would have to do the same for each category.

Not sure if there are any other better ways of finding out...

Have a GREAT cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hi NJ Cruiser...We will be on the Glory the same time. Next Saturday at this time, we will be making our way to "paradise". I don't think the ship is sold out. I always check the AAA website (easier to get around on their site) and they are still showing rooms available. No balcony rooms, but one category 12 and a few inside and oceanview rooms. Have a great cruise.

The VP at Carnival don't really tell you anything. I think their "Stock" answer is that they are almost sold out. This will make you hurry up and decide a lot quicker.

Going on the website isn't always accurate either. I have called and asked for rooms other than the ones shown "available". They had plenty of others but they only show 9 at a time. It had something to do with people going in and holding a bunch of rooms at once, or something like that. That's what the VP told me.

If you pull up all the Carnival threads, you can easily search by cruiseline. Just Carnival threads or just RCL threads. up in the right hand corner, you can find "seach by thread" and click on it and then type in the word you want to search for.

Directions on how to search are stickied up at the top. The only thing that is down is you cannot search multiple threads but you can seach all of Carnival easily. Iv been doing it quite and bit and can tell you its working just fine.

The search button doesnt show when you have a individual thread up, only when you have all the carnival threads up...then look up to the right hand corner, you probably have to scroll over to find it.

Search is not down, only the old search is down. See the sticky at the top?

To see if you ship is sold out just pull up some of the advertised sites and see which categories are still being sold. Some of the last minute sites will show, one will show categories the other makes you call, dont mean that one.

Carnival should also be showing something if its still more than 24 hours before you cruise. I booked RCL less than 4 days before my cruise almost 2 weeks ago, and they said I could book up until the day before and the categories were showing on their site, but you couldnt book online, a message comes up to call.

Just FYI, Carnival has an average occupancy rate of over 100%.

How can it be higher than 100%? If every cabin is taken but with only 2 guests in each, the ship will reach 100% capacity. However, when the ship is sailing with 3 and 4 guests in some cabins, the occupancy rate goes over the 100% mark.

Most likely, your sailing will be completely sold out.

There is NO WAY to find if a ship is sold out except below. No cruiseline wants you or their competitors to have that information.

Go online and do a dummy booking. If it goes thru, the ships is not sold out, if it doesn't, it might be sold out.

In any case, once on board, you will not be able to tell the difference between a 105% sold ship and a 97% sold ship.

If your interest is buying a better cabin for a low price, they won't do it. Brochure price sure, if they have one, but no fire sales.

Dan

regarding the search directions.... I still get a "fatal error" message. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions? Sorry to interupt the thread but figured this was a good place to ask.

Thanks for all the replies. I was just curious how crowded it was going to be.

Firefly, I did do search more than 3 times and it kept coming up with fatal error and would not go through. That's why I posted.

Thanks all, couple of more days to go!:D

Archived