Garden for Wedding in Victoria

Can anyone suggest a quiet garden area in Victoria that wouldn't be too far from the cruise ship? My partner and I are looking for a nice spot for our wedding ceremony and the only place I have heard of (which is too far away to get to and back in time) is Buchart Gardens. Anyone have other ideas or suggestions? Also, can anyone suggest a nice place to eat/celebrate after the ceremony? Thanks!

Beacon Hill park is 15 min walk and Goodacre lake in the park is one of the best places for a wedding. There is a nice stone bridge over the lake. Food depends on what you want to spend and what you want to eat. Also FYI there are no weddings at the Butchart gardens.

Can anyone suggest a quiet garden area in Victoria that wouldn't be too far from the cruise ship? My partner and I are looking for a nice spot for our wedding ceremony and the only place I have heard of (which is too far away to get to and back in time) is Buchart Gardens. Anyone have other ideas or suggestions? Also, can anyone suggest a nice place to eat/celebrate after the ceremony? Thanks!

Close;

Beacon Hill Park

Government House http://www.ltgov.bc.ca/

Not so close;

Hatley Castle (Royal Roads University) http://royalroads.ca/

First, congratulations!

How much time do you have for the wedding? We stayed at a lovely inn in Sooke (it is a d-r-i-v-e from Victoria) called Ocean Wilderness Inn. They had a same-sex wedding in the garden during our stay. The innkeepers arranged for the minister and catering, I think.

I suspect it is too far for you to drive, but it is a truly stunning venue.

In addition to Beacon Hill Park or Government House, you might want to look into Abkhazi Gardens. Here is a link to their website: http://www.conservancy.bc.ca/content.asp?sectionack=abkhazi

You can rent the property for a wedding, but after normal hours.

Also, a very nice restaurant for dinner is the Blue Crab, which is located not far from the cruise ship terminal. It overlooks the Inner Harbour, so ask for a window table. http://www.bluecrab.ca/

Even handier for the Empress or The Mark!;)

Graham.

I was going to suggest all three :) St.Ann's is so lovely BUT it might be too late to book a slot this summer?? The Mark or the Empress dining room, can't go wrong at either place YUM :)

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. :)

Just go to Beacon Hill Park. It is close to the cruise ship, you won't have to make a reservation and it's free. Now getting a JP might be diificult but I hear if you call Ascot Limo service he may pick you up and arrange a JP for you.

We had our wedding photos done at Government House, the official residence of the Lieutenant Governor, which is about a 15 minute cab ride from the cruise ship pier. Highly recommended if the grounds are still open for photos. I suggest you check - it was a while ago.

Another alternative is Saxe Point Park, about 15 minutes by car from the cruise terminal. It may be less crowded than Beacon Hill Park but the scenery's no better. The garden at Government House is open every day.

My choice for the best restaurant in Victoria: Matisse. Right downtown, under 10 minutes by car from the terminal (with the usual disclaimers about personal involvement).

Archived