Kayaking in Juneau or Ketchikan

LarryF

My wife and I have never been kayaking but are curious if there are any recommendations in either Juneau or Ketchikan for two novices.

My wife are in our mid 50's and in average shape for our ages; not overweight but not athletic either! Just looking to something a little out on the edge for us that would be fun but most important a way to see incredible scenery or wildlife.

Thanks,

Larry

We also booked with Southeast Sea Kayaks in Ketchican, based on recommendations on this board. In Juneau, we booked through Princess the canoe (not kayak) tour to Mendenhall Glacier, which was also highly recommended over kayacking on this board.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the replies. I did sign us for the Mendenhall canoe trip through Princess. After the tour can you stay at Mendenhall to hike and just take a a public shuttle bus back to the town?

I think we'll try Southeast Sea Kayaks in Ketchikan as well.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks for the replies. I did sign us for the Mendenhall canoe trip through Princess. After the tour can you stay at Mendenhall to hike and just take a a public shuttle bus back to the town?

Larry

I doubt it, since you load/unload on the other side of the lake. Unless this changes??

I booked the Pennock Paddling Adventure with South Sea Kayaks for Ketchikan port which was highly recommended. Will be on Northbound Sapphire July 4 sailing. We are also in our 50's and this sounds like a fun leisurely excursion....Anita

Archived