New Smoking rules for Qm2

transatlantic fan

That's correct...you can smoke in the Golden Lion Pub in a small area back by the door that exits toward the Britannia dining room. You can not smoke there during lunch hours however...between 12 and 3 if memory serves.

Bispham Boo....people can also smoke in their cabins and on their balconies on the port side.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Thanks Penny. We were originally in an ocean view cabin, but have now been upgraded to an in-hull balcony so I'm assuming the gentle Transatlantic breeze ;) will blow away any neighbouring smoke!

Love your review - have read it lots of times in anticipation of our April TA.

Thanks Penny. We were originally in an ocean view cabin, but have now been upgraded to an in-hull balcony so I'm assuming the gentle Transatlantic breeze ;) will blow away any neighbouring smoke!

Love your review - have read it lots of times in anticipation of our April TA.

Why thank you so much....it's always so nice to hear others have enjoyed my ongoing "Affair". I wish you the same on your TA in April. Have a fabulous time and do mind my clawmarks in the elegant Commodore Club!;) I just can't help myself when they insist I have to get off!

Congratulations on the upgrade. I think you'll find those "gentle" Atlantic "breezes' will wisk any smoke away in an eyeblink.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Hi all,

i thought i might as well put my 2cents worth in re smoking. Yes i am a smoker......

Here in Australia, smoking was banned in all restaurants in 2000. Some restaurants have outdoor areas for smoking, some dont. But if i am outside on the footpath, what about the fumes i am inhaling from cars and trucks that pass by?That is my choice to melt in summer and freeze in winter. Non-smokers have the airconditioned comfort in summer and warmth in winter. So dont sit outside with the smokers and complain. I have no problems sitting inside with non smokers.

Clubs and hotels have been total smoke free for approx 2 years now.

One major drawback is the loss of jobs. YES...thats right loss of jobs! As most pubs and clubs employ casual staff, due to the downturn in patrons in the clubs and pubs, there is now a lot of uneployment in the industry.

Most of my friends are a lot of 'non smokers....yet a few, if you give them a drink or 2, are often seen smoking OP's

When travelling, i havent come accross a motel that has smoking rooms in a few years. So, i sit outside in my pj's and ensure i have an ashtray and enjoy a smoke with my coffee...not a problem.

And one final thought.... i am safer to "smoke and drive" then "drink and drive"

And one final thought.... i am safer to "smoke and drive" then "drink and drive"

So you are assuming that people who drink then go out and drive :confused:

Being a Driving Instructor i can tell you that smoking and driving is also dangerous :(

So you are assuming that people who drink then go out and drive :confused:

Being a Driving Instructor i can tell you that smoking and driving is also dangerous :(

What i was trying to say...

Smoking will not dull your driving skills. Dropping a ciggarette in your lap will cause problems, or fumbling around looking for the lighter or smokes will cause loss of concentration

But alchohol and driving is a far more deadly combination

sharon

This cruising lark is getting very complicated.

Consider, you have just boarded the boat which is bound for high latitudes, you open your case to hang up your formal wear…………….Quelle Horreure!! You find you have packed the white/cream/ivory dj. Along with this instead of the dinner-suit trousers you find your kilt. It gets worse, lying there is a pre-tied bow tie (whatever that is) and it is coloured and patterned. Instead of the patent evening pumps, there lurk your Doc Martins and to top it all you are a smoker and have a tattoo. There is only one recourse open to you. It’s over the stern at midnight for you my boy and good riddance peasant.

Gari

This cruising lark is getting very complicated.

Consider, you have just boarded the boat which is bound for high latitudes, you open your case to hang up your formal wear…………….Quelle Horreure!! You find you have packed the white/cream/ivory dj. Along with this instead of the dinner-suit trousers you find your kilt. It gets worse, lying there is a pre-tied bow tie (whatever that is) and it is coloured and patterned. Instead of the patent evening pumps, there lurk your Doc Martins and to top it all you are a smoker and have a tattoo. There is only one recourse open to you. It’s over the stern at midnight for you my boy and good riddance peasant.

Gari

Apart from the Kilt, i completely agree Gari :eek: :p

Gav :cool:

As is changing gear, fiddling with the radio, and on and on we go. A case I recall is the chap who reached for his peppermints whilst driving, and unfortunately killed someone.

Driving is dangerous. So is life. Sanctimony probably is as well:).

Mary

Believe it or not, smokers do not all have tattoos.

An umblemished Mary

Neither are all the tattood, smokers.

A blemished but smoke free Gari.

HOWEVER, I have an order in for my 80th b'day present. 20 Bensons and a box of matches. I still miss it after 20+ years.

G.

Neither are all the tattood, smokers.

A blemished but smoke free Gari.

HOWEVER, I have an order in for my 80th b'day present. 20 Bensons and a box of matches. I still miss it after 20+ years.

G.

I believe you can re-start at 70, so that's ten years fewer to wait. Apparently, by that time you are more likely to snuff it from something else than the effects of smoking.

Something to look forward to,

Mary

Archived