Back from the Valor....questions???

MamaTene

People_Mover, I was on the Western Itinerary, so I hope this info applies to you:

Formal nights: monday (1st sea day) and thursday (Belize).

Past guest reception: tuesday night

I don't know about the karaoke, not my thing. They did have karaoke on the big screen (Lido deck) one night; that was fun to watch. :D

and

NAMVET, sushi bar is on Promenade deck, midship. Open 5:00 - 8:30 PM

People_Mover, I was on the Western Itinerary, so I hope this info applies to you:

Formal nights: monday (1st sea day) and thursday (Belize).

Past guest reception: tuesday night

I don't know about the karaoke, not my thing. They did have karaoke on the big screen (Lido deck) one night; that was fun to watch. :D

and

NAMVET, sushi bar is on Promenade deck, midship. Open 5:00 - 8:30 PM

Thanks, I love the sushi as an appetizer before dinner.

We will be on the Valor for the East Coast departure Veterans cruise in November 2009.

Hmmm...let's see:

The Prime Rib was outstanding as was the chicken breast over alfredo. Inf fact, all their pasta's are very good. The eggplant parmesan also stood out for me.

Best appetizers were the fried mozzeralla and the mushroom caps filled with crab and lobster.

Best dessert hands down is their Melting Choc Cake.

Be sure to have the fish and chips at least once. The area is on deck 10 above Rosies

Elcondor-I believe it was the Liberty that someone fell off of.

We were on the Valor 4/12-4/20 and had a great time. It was our first Carnival. My only big complaint was the Caesar salad...it was just gross! Tasted like fish, yes I know the dressing has anchovies in it but it was like pure anchovies! :eek: Pizza was the best out of all the cruise lines. Hamburger station was great as well. Dinner in the dining room was good but not great. It was on par with all the other lines. We enjoyed it but it wasn't the best food we've ever had.

I loved the adults only area. It was the first cruise ship I've been on where it is actually monitored so that no kids can get in the pool. However, the slide is incredibly fun! Spent some time there definitely!! :)

We found a "secret door" on our last sea day but it was blocked off because they were doing maintenance out there. That was pretty frustrating...guess we should have looked harder earlier in the week. Oh well...next time we will find it earlier!

Thanks, I love the sushi as an appetizer before dinner.

We will be on the Valor for the East Coast departure Veterans cruise in November 2009.

For Eastern it's different. Past guest party is on Thursday, and formal nights are Monday and Friday.

Another change they made during dry dock is the elimination of the hot tub in the gym. They replaced it with a stretching/abs/spin area. Much better use of space, though the hot tub was pretty.

Did anyone here about someone falling off the conquest after Cozumel?

Actually, it was the Victory and Fox news ran the story yesterday. I never heard if he had been found, the story said it was a 44yo man who's wife last reported seeing him around 1am. Apparently the next morning after she realized he was gone and a search of the ship had been completed they reported him missing.

Great cruise...great ship.....

Last time I cruised Carnival was almost 18 years ago....Been on over 16 cruises total and must say I am impressed with Carnival!

Feel free to ask questions and will do my best to provide answers. Hope to complete a review soon.

Wasn't that the Valor docked next to the Conquest in Cozumel last week?We all waved when you shoved off...and watched some deal on the BeeGees that was on your screen in the late afternoon.

I also noticed your ship's funnel was quite a bit cleaner than ours...due for a dry dock I guess.

:)

Wasn't that the Valor docked next to the Conquest in Cozumel last week?We all waved when you shoved off...and watched some deal on the BeeGees that was on your screen in the late afternoon.

I also noticed your ship's funnel was quite a bit cleaner than ours...due for a dry dock I guess.

:)

You actually would have seen me:). OP was on the 4/6 cruise.

Archived