Cocktail Dress on a Non Formal Night???

We will be going on our first cruise soon and will be celebrating our anniversary on board. The formal night is the day before our anniversary and I have a dress already picked out for that night but I still would like to 'dress up' for our anniversary (on the non formal night). My question is this: will I look out of place wearing a cocktail dress on the non formal night? I know that we can celebrate on the formal night (heck, the whole cruise will be a celebration!:D) but the next night will be just as special, too.

Any help from you seasoned cruisers? BTW, we'll be on Princess if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

You'll be among the better dressed on casual evenings, but who cares? It's your anniversary and that's a night for the two of you. And I'd always rather be over-dressed than under dressed. Have a wonderful anniversary! (And you could celebrate every evening aboard if you want to.)

No problem wearing a cocktail dress on a non-formal night. You will see a big range from very casual to semi-formal on the non-formal nights. I'm sure that you will see a few other women wearing a cocktail dress.

Does your ship have a specialty restaraunt? If so, your aniversary would be a perfect day to make a reservation there. A cocktail dress would be perfect for the specialty restaraunt.

I always dress for dinner and would not be the least uncomfortable wearing a cocktail dress on a casual night.

I second the suggestion of booking specialty dining for that evening. In addition to better food and service in a more intimate atmosphere, many people dress up to enjoy dinner in these venues.

I have a different cocktail dress for every night of my 7 night cruise coming up...:rolleyes: I know, I know- it is just that I dont get to dress up for dinner often as we live in a fairly casual town... (college town) and I found many good deals.

I have decided to wear the floor length dresses on formal nights, and just do a bit more to my hair on those days.

sooo, I agree with the other posts: have fun, wear what you want! :)

I dress every night for dinner as if I am going out to a classier restaurant. A cocktail dress is perfect!

Happy Anniversary and Many more happy years (and cruises!)

Ditto. I am not worried about being among the better-dressed in a dining room. Dress up and enjoy the occasion!

Barb

Archived