croatia-money?

Will be in Split and Dubrovnik for 2 days. I was planning to use my credit card for purchases throughout Europe but read that in these 2 places that using a card might be a problem. Read that alot of stores wont take a credit card. Anyone have any info for me? Also, will I be able to find an ATM in these 2 towns so I can get their local currency? Thank you in advance for any help!!

We 'did' Dubrovnik' as a port of call. No problem at all finding an ATM - just got sufficient cash for coffees etc on the day. I agree that you might have a problem using your credit card in to make payments but getting out cash was very easy. Good luck

Before we go we usually purchase about the equivalent of $20 of local currency for non Euro stops so that we can get a soft drink and a snack witout having to search for an ATM. For the "oddball" currencies, you can generally order some from your local bank.

We were at Split last fall.

Most stores accepted both Euro and Dollar. 1 Euro = 7 Kuna, 1 Dollar = 5 Kuna.

Also, currency exchange offices were easily found on "Riva" which is main road of Split. By the way, Riva is walking distance from ship dock.

Will be in Split and Dubrovnik for 2 days. I was planning to use my credit card for purchases throughout Europe but read that in these 2 places that using a card might be a problem. Read that alot of stores wont take a credit card. Anyone have any info for me? Also, will I be able to find an ATM in these 2 towns so I can get their local currency? Thank you in advance for any help!!

Which cruise and line has two days in Croatia?

Thanks everyone for your help! I got some great advice and will definitely use that advice.

Jade13-- I am going on the 13 night Italy/Croatia cruise with RCCL's Legend of the Seas, June 27. It has a wonderful intinerary. The majority of the stops are in Italy with 2 stops in Dubrovnik and Split, Croatia. It also has 3 sea days which I am looking forward to since the rest of the days are so port extensive. Thanks for asking!

Archived