Seagrape, Cemetary, 7 mile beach questions

amybear912

We are looking for beach time on Cayman... not too crowded, restrooms available, bar and/or restaurant also... beach chairs would be nice but not necessary...

I've been told to hit Seagrape or Cemetary beach... but having never been to Cayman, wondering if we should just do 7 mile this time and plan another trip for the other beaches... Rum point seems too far away for the time we are there... maybe another time...

So I need to know...

recommendations???

Transportation costs???

Costs of extras like chairs or entrance fees???

I have also heard that arranging transportation back to the ship is challenging and slow with traffic problems because everyone is trying to get back... suggestions on this problem? What time should we plan to leave whatever beach and head back to the ship and still avoid any traffic issues or issues of not being able to find a cab??? Our ship tenders and then leaves around 4pm so I'm just looking for some timing help to keep in mind when planning this day...

I've been told to hit Seagrape or Cemetary beach... but having never been to Cayman, wondering if we should just do 7 mile this time and plan another trip for the other beaches... Rum point seems too far away for the time we are there... maybe another time...

So I need to know...

recommendations???

Transportation costs???

Costs of extras like chairs or entrance fees???

Sea Grape and Cemetary Beach are both sections of Seven Mile Beach. Cemetary is further out, and has better snorkelling (or so I've read) but it doesn't have any bathrooms or other facilities. Sea Grape and Royal Palms are two popular sections of Seven Mile that both have full facilities.

There's excellent information about all of the beaches, including costs for extras (all beaches are public, so no entrance fees) and transportation information, in the Sticky at the top of this forum - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=449552

Was in Grand Cayman on the Mariner on 3-27-08. Took taxi to Cemetary

Beach from cruise tender dock. Was warned by driver/ taxi dispatcher about no bathrooms/ facilities. Beautiful quiet empty spot with descent

snorkelling. A jetski tour showed up to snorkel but stayed well offshore.

Took bus back to Georgetown and snorkeled at Eden Rock. Alot of bodies in the water there,which was

also choppy and cloudy. Hope that helps.

Archived