Celebrity Solstice - November 30th, 2009 - Transatlantic

spikeya4

I just went back through all of the posts on this roll call and have come up with an approximate count of 23 FOD's. Keep in mind that this is just those that are posting or are mentioned here. There will always be much more as only very avid cruisers know about this website.

Juan

You might be right, Juan. I noticed a while back that Aquafest were taking bookings for a GLBT group on this cruise, although I don't know how big the group will be - perhaps it is the group of ten that was referred to earlier. With this many of us, maybe we can impose an 'au natural' standard in the sauna !

Regards,

Mark

Might anyone be interested in linking reservations so that we could have a FOD dining table??? We can set this up with Celebrity, have done it the past. Let us know if anyone might be interested. We are 2nd seating.

Jeff and Bob

Mark: I was not aware of the fact that there was a GLBT group on board. I just checked the Aquafest website and sure enough, it is there. I am looking forward to the opportunity to meet some of these people and get first hand feedback on what it is like sailing with such a group. As far as the standard for the sauna, should it be anything else but "au natural"? HA HA

Jeff and Bob: Under different circumstances, I would gladly have joined you guys to help put a table together. I am already part of a group of 12 friends and family members so we have our own table.

Juan

Hi Jeff & Bob,

I wouldn't mind joining your table - I'm terrified of being stuck at a table of anti gay bible bashers! I'm currently listed for the earlier seating, which my travel agent said to change once I was on board, although the Celebrity site says she should change my preference beforehand. Never mind.

I'm planning on eating my way around the ship, so I won't be in the main dining room every night.

Anyway, I consider myself to be a reasonable conversationalist who likes a drink or two with dinner, which is probably when my conversation becomes interesting. If you'd like more details about me, let me know!

Regards,

Mark

Hello everyone,

My partner and I just booked this cruise , I have been reading the thread, sounds like alot of fun. Cant wait for this itnerary , first TA here .. really enjoy celebrity and cruises in general.. see you all soon ,,

Levi and Boris

Hey Guys - nice to see so much activity! We just got married this last weekend and now that everything with that has wound down, it is crazy to think how quickly this trip is coming up! Hope everyone is well. :)

Josh and Dennis

Greetings All,

Welcome, Levi & Boris. You're in for a real TA treat. Kick back and enjoy.

Congrats on your Union, Josh & Dennis. What a nice voyage for you guys!

Today, I just bought some small toiletries @ Target. Now I know the trip is getting very close. I'll really start my minor stress hysteria 1 week prior to departing on Nov. 26th. Just the nature of my "cruising" excitement.:p

See ya'll soon!

Ciao,

Michael

Josh and Dennis: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Michael: I also went to Target today and bought some of the sample size toiletries. I had actually intended to go for other stuff but then I remembered those incidentals that you need for every trip and thought I'd get them now before I forget.

ONLY 3 & 1/2 WEEKS TO GO!!!

Juan

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome,, I have been busy with work and unable to post much.. defiantly looking forward to a wonderful cruise with everyone, and THe solstice for sure.. has anyone here been on the solstice before? Does anyone know of good hotels in Rome, Boris and I are still planning our trip up to the last minute..

Levi :)

Hello Levi and Boris:

If you enjoy cruising you are going to LOVE TA's. I try to do one every year and can't get enough of them. Love those sea days.

Juan

Jaun,

sounds great cant wait , we do love to cruise and really love the solstice, we did a 14 nt Mediterranean this spring on summit , but the itinerary was so busy that we didn't really get very many days just to relax and enjoy the ship so we are ready for those sea days..

Hello Ben: You have not posted for one year? Wow! I don't live here but I do visit and post frequently. As you can see, I have over 1100 posts and I've only been a member since 2004. Single life is treating me well so far; I have not looked back. In the process of buying a new home so I guess that means all is going well.

Michael: I would not be surprised if FOD's were listed every night. The place to be is the Martini Bar. You'll find the majority of us there. Even then, after a few days of sailing and meeting the rest of us, I am sure that we will have a defacto meeting bar on board.

Juan

Iam a little slow catching up on this thread,, But I love the martini bar as well , and its a great place to hang out and chat before late seating dinner as well as watching people stroll the shoppes.. Michael's club is ok but its kinda stuffy and tucked way back in the corner of the ship, kinda quiet as well. I do like that bar right outside Michael's club and near the specialty restaurants fun place to be, and the decor is great..

Levi

Hey Guys - nice to see so much activity! We just got married this last weekend and now that everything with that has wound down, it is crazy to think how quickly this trip is coming up! Hope everyone is well. :)

Josh and Dennis

congratulations on your union,..wishing you the best in your lives and safe travels over to Rome ..

Levi N Boris :)

Greetings All,

Welcome, Levi & Boris. You're in for a real TA treat. Kick back and enjoy.

Congrats on your Union, Josh & Dennis. What a nice voyage for you guys!

Today, I just bought some small toiletries @ Target. Now I know the trip is getting very close. I'll really start my minor stress hysteria 1 week prior to departing on Nov. 26th. Just the nature of my "cruising" excitement.:p

See ya'll soon!

Ciao,

Michael

THanks Michael,

we are defiantly looking forward to a nice cruise, looks like some will be fast paced and other days a little slower. either way i can wait for both to happen..

Levi

Hello everyone,

My partner and I just booked this cruise , I have been reading the thread, sounds like alot of fun. Cant wait for this itnerary , first TA here .. really enjoy celebrity and cruises in general.. see you all soon ,,

Levi and Boris

Are you sure you have the right dates??? Your posting has Nov. 23rd 2008???I hope that is just an oops!!! We'll look forward to meeting you guys on board!!!

Still looking to see if any one might like to link reservations to share a dining table for late seating.

Jeff and Bob

Are you sure you have the right dates??? Your posting has Nov. 23rd 2008???I hope that is just an oops!!! We'll look forward to meeting you guys on board!!!

Still looking to see if any one might like to link reservations to share a dining table for late seating.

Jeff and Bob

Yeah sorry Jeff and Bob, I have been trying to update my signuature , in my posting that was last year Boris and I did the Inagural Solstice sailing out of fort lauderdale. But for sure we will be on this TA nov 30th.... :)

Levi

Well Levi, there is only one thing I can tell you; you sure have been busy posting today. You are definitely catching up.

I have been on the Solstice before. I was on its 3rd voyage last December 7th.

This would be my 5th time in Rome. There are so many good hotels. I really hate to recommend hotels given the fact that everybody takes into consideration cost and location and those two words can mean different things to different people. I recommend going a hotel booking website and peeking around until you find something that you like. If you have never been to Rome before, think about what part of town you may be doing most of the sightseeing in and try looking for something in the general vicinity within your comfortable price range. I'm staying near the Vatican this time because I am traveling with others that have never been to Rome and their primary goal is to visit the Vatican. This is the first time that I am staying in this area as most attractions are closer to the center of Rome.

I agree with you on the Martini Bar. On my previous Solstice cruise almost all of the FOD's were there for pre-dinner drinks. It was always a crowded place. I'm willing to bet that most of us will be there for drinks for this crossing also. I'm sure that I will also be at Michael's Club in the early evening as Elite members have have a new perk where you can gather there for pre-dinner cocktails and snacks.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Juan

Hi Mark:

Of all the crossings that I have done and all of the Celebrity cruises that I have been on I have never seen a dress up night as in toga party or some other type of costume. What we will have is 3 nights where the dress code for the evening will be formal. This means that men are encouraged to wear tuxedos or dark suits.

Juan

USAmo: You have nothing to worry about. You will have a good time. You must come to the Martini Bar before dinner for drinks. I am sure that is where most of us will be. Congratulations on your 15th anniversary! If this is your first cruise, I am sure that by the time you get off you will be hooked. The Med cruise and the transatlantic crossing will be quite different. Two different types of experience.

Juan

Archived