Celebrity Solstice - November 30th, 2009 - Transatlantic

spikeya4

Hi Michael: I met a bunch of guys in March 2006 where most of them were from the Norfolk area. It was a RCI cruise on the Brilliance to the Panama Canal. Would be funny if it turns out to be the same group of people.

Ben: I know Wim but I don't think he's posted more than once. Not sure if he's coming.

Jeff and Bob: I'm sure there's going to be lots of sailaway parties. Too bad it will be dark by the time the ship leaves. Not that there's much to see at that port anyway.

Getting closer!

Juan

What? No one has posted since November 11th? Not acceptable! Girls, where is your excitement? Everybody must be busy getting ready for Thanksgiving, the packing, and the cruise. I'm just glad to know that next Wednesday is my last work day and I am OUT OF HERE!

I hope everyone is doing well,

Juan

Boris and I will be leaving the 27th flying over on british airways and spending a few days in rome to catch up on sleep and sightseeing before sailing on the Solstice. Cant wait its getting very close.. cant wait for the sushi everyday at pm in the ocean view cafe.

Boris and I will be leaving the 27th flying over on british airways and spending a few days in rome to catch up on sleep and sightseeing before sailing on the Solstice. Cant wait its getting very close.. cant wait for the sushi everyday at pm in the ocean view cafe.

Will also flying on BA on the 27th from JFK; connecting @ 7:30am & Arriving in Rome @ 10:55am the next day.

I love British Airways. I have never been disappointed with their service. However, they are forming a partnership with Iberia Airlines of Spain which is undoubtedly one of the worst international airlines. Their service is despicable. And I am not referring to coach class either. I sure do hope that this does not mean that BA will lower their standards. That would disappoint me.

Stefan: If you have not been to Rome in 10 years, you will see some changes. The airport (FCO) has been much modernized and enlarged in the last few years. I hope that the weather is cool for comfortable sightseeing.

We are staying near the Vatican Museums.

I think some of the folks on this thread will be leaving within the next few days if I am not mistaken. I think that someone indicated that they would also be on the cruise prior to ours.

Juan

Juan ,

yeah I have been reading about the Iberia-BA partnership and, I hope for sure Ba does not lower their level of service( especially in club world lol) ,, if anything hopefully it will raise Iberias standards a few notches.. I do like delta , Last time I was in Venice we were on Delta and had a great experience.. Have a safe flight Juan..

I'm heading out of LAX on Delta, and the rest of my troop (i.e. Blade8 aka Michael from Seattle and my east coast friends) are heading out on Thanksgiving Day. I really wanted to head out with them to bop around Rome for a couple of days, but unfortunately have a prior commitment with family down in So Calif for Thanksgiving. But hey, at least I'll be joining you all on the 30th.. Whohoo!!

Ed

Hey guys,

I’ve compiled a list of all of us who have posted on this board; looks like we have a diverse group of gents! If you would like to be added to this list (I know there are lots of you out there!) or would like to give additional information, please post! If I accidently left you out, my apologies (but hey, you’re still going, right?). I am sure all of us are getting mighty excited for this trip!

Here goes!

Spikeya4 – Dennis and Josh from New York City, NY

Kwokpot- travelling with partner from Philadelphia, PA

Stinsowm- Walter from Nashville, TN. Travelling with benuzair

Benuzair- Ben from Malaysia, residing in Nashville, TN. Travelling with Stinsowm

Rusty311- Larry from Pomona, CA

Wim- Bill from San Diego

Rienreiter- Juan, travelling with 6 friends and family

jeanpatrick- John and Patrick from Montreal, Canada

2berliner- Stefan from Berlin, Germany

Bobnjeff- bob and Jeff from Sarasota and Quebec

Mikey2611- Mike from Ontario Canada

Blade8- Michael from Seattle, WA, travelling with friends

Cruiselovers21 – travelling with partner from Amsterdam, Holland

Chongkwang- from Arlington, VA

Hairystach- Mark from Australia

Furrphy- Mark from Australia

Levijohns- Levi and Boris from Fort Collins, CO

USAmo- Murad and Matt from Texas and California

Hey Guys,

Glad to see that a list has been started. Robert (Philadelphia) and Don (Rehoboth Beach) are happy to join you for this Cruise. We are traveling with the Aquafest Group.

Hey Guys,

Glad to see that a list has been started. Robert (Philadelphia) and Don (Rehoboth Beach) are happy to join you for this Cruise. We are traveling with the Aquafest Group.

Welcome Robert and Don. Any idea how many in the Aquafest group?

Updated List...my partner Ben is in Malaysia on his pre-cruise vacation...lucky guy. Welcome to Robert and Don!! Hopefully a few more will let us hear from you. I pulled out my bags today! : )

Spikeya4 – Dennis and Josh from New York City, NY

Kwokpot- traveling with partner from Philadelphia, PA

Stinsowm- Walter from Nashville, TN. Traveling with benuzair

Benuzair- Ben from Malaysia, residing in Nashville, TN. Traveling with Stinsowm

Wim- Bill from San Diego

Rienreiter- Juan from Ft. Lauderdale, FL, traveling with a group of 12 friends and some of their relatives

2berliner- Stefan from Berlin, Germany

Bobnjeff- Bob and Jeff from Sarasota and Quebec

Mikey2611- Mike from Ontario Canada

Blade8- Michael from Seattle, WA, traveling with a group of 10 friends; most of them are from the Virginia area.

Cruiselovers21 – traveling with partner from Amsterdam, Holland

Chongkwang- from Arlington, VA

Hairystach- Mark from Australia

Furrphy- Mark from remote-ish part of Australia

Levijohns- Levi and Boris from Fort Collins, CO

USAmo- Murad and Matt from Texas and California

C5Vetteguy- Ed from Seattle, WA. Traveling with Blade8 and friends.

PresCruiseCouple-Robert from Philadelphia and Don from Rehobeth Beach...traveling with others in the Aquafest group.

I can feel the excitement. Everybody is posting.

Levi, I don't have a problem with Delta. However, I do believe that there are others that stand out a few notches above Delta. I think that most airlines are pretty much the same nowadays. But I am flying Business Class on a free mileage ticket so there is no complaining to be made. The free drinks will help me sleep on the way to Rome.

Ed, we missed each other by one day. I will also be on the Delta Atlanta-Rome flight but one day earlier on the 28th.

Robert and Don, welcome! I've never sailed Aquafest so I am looking forward to meeting you to hear your first hand reviews and comments on Aquafest.

Between all of us and the Aquafest guys, the Martini Bar will be ours as well as the late night disco.

Getting closer!!!

Juan

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Josh, aren't we flying out the day of your birthday? I think I remember reading that. We should do a birthday toast!!

Juan, business class...I have told Ben that the best 300.00 I ever spent in my life was when I updated from coach to business class when I traveled to Malaysia. This trip I am flying coach, but hopefully will still get to get some sleep. Looking forward to seeing you again...can you believe it has been a year?

Aquafest-I am still not sure what the group is about..I picture many swimmers? : )

Hope everyone is feeling the excitement like I am.

Walter (posting secretly from work).

Josh, aren't we flying out the day of your birthday? I think I remember reading that. We should do a birthday toast!!

Juan, business class...I have told Ben that the best 300.00 I ever spent in my life was when I updated from coach to business class when I traveled to Malaysia. This trip I am flying coach, but hopefully will still get to get some sleep. Looking forward to seeing you again...can you believe it has been a year?

Aquafest-I am still not sure what the group is about..I picture many swimmers? : )

Hope everyone is feeling the excitement like I am.

Walter (posting secretly from work).

Yes! It is my birthday on Thanksgiving when we fly out, a toast would be great. :) What time does your connecting flight get into Newark? We live about 30 minutes from the airport, so it won't be too rushed of a day. We are lucky on this one, going BusinessFirst!

Here is what I found out about Aquafest, it is a gay group, but they don't take over the whole ship like an Atlantis event. Here is the link to their offering on the Solstice:

www.aquafestcruises.com/cruises/2009/europe/default.asp

Josh

Hi Josh,

I arrive in Newark from Nashville at 3:24p.m. On your birthday you deserve to be flying first/business class...very excited for you guys. : ) I just checked out our flight and it is really full that day so I doubt I would be able to upgrade. I will make sure to look for you both though before checking in. If we have time we can all have a pre-boarding drink in your honor. Also, thanks for the information on the aquafest.

Walter (still posting from work).

Greetings Ladies and Gents!

Somehow, my other post vanished into cyberspace. So, here it is again.:p

Anyway, I leave oh so soggy Seattle Thanksgiving morning on Delta to JFK. Layover a couple hrs, then a code-share Alitalia/Delta flight to Rome. So, next week at this time, I'll either be just waking up from jet lag, or out to dinner somewhere in Rome. Either way, I won't be in Seattle. Woohoo!

Juan: My friends from VA did in fact take the PC cruise on the Brilliance in 2006. So, you may see more familiar faces on this cruise. Small world, huh?

Everyone have a great weekend!

Ciao,

Michael :cool:

Hey everyone out there in thread space... I was just reading up on the aquafest postings , does anyone know exactly how many people on the ship will be traveling with the aquafest group?? just curious. I was ready the aquafest website and there really wasn't that much info.. cant wait for an exciting cruise..

Archived