Groups and one time alcohol charge

I wasn't sure what the title of this should be, here's my question...has anyone heard of a one time fee for alcohol if you have a large group? It would be per person (say maybe $300 each) and all of your alcohol is covered. The amount would either be on your seapass card or you'd get a wristband or something like that, but everyone in your group has to pay it.

Am I making sense at all?

I know that RCCL does offer something like this. It does have to be a large group (I think 50 people or more) and everyone in the group does have to participate. I don't know what the cost would be though.

We had a group of 44 a few years ago and this was offered to our group. I can't remember what the price was but I think it was equal to about 7 drinks a day ($35/day maybe). If you are a big drinker, it would be worth it. Our group did not do it because there were non drinkers and those that would only drink a couple a day. As the previous poster stated, everyone in the group has to purchase it.

This is from a recent thread on the same subject

###

I just verified with my travel agent (my mom) that RCI does still offer an adult beverage program. She called for another issue and Terese in the group sales dept. verified the following.

There are 2 levels of adult beverage cards available for purchase- well/house beverages for $49 pp per day or premium/imported beverages $59 pp per day (way, way off from the amount I thought I recalled )

BUT-here is the kicker-

*Adult beverage programs are only available for purchase by groups of 50 pax or more

*The card must be purchased for each day of the cruise

*Everyone in the group MUST be over 21

*Everyone in the group MUST take the package

The rep. told my agent that this is usually only requested for corporate clients who send pax for business premiums, incentives (whatever that is!?!) or promotions or large chartered groups who are offered a cruise experience similar to an "all inclusive" and ususally include shore excursions, special functions, etc.

The only other offerings that RCI has made for adult beverages were the 10 drink cards but those have been discontinued for a while now.

Soooo- for a 7 day cruise, that's $343, at an average of $6 per drink, you would have to drink at least 8 drinks a day to break even for the "cheap" package. Not sure how much of the cruise I would enjoy (or remember) if I drank that much. I can see why it is not offered to the average cruising pax. Probably not too many takers.

It would be interesting to "befriend" such a pax lucky enough to have this perk. I am sure they would "buy you a round or two" if you asked but alas- that is another flame for another thread (and a joke!)

Just wanted to pass on the info while I mourn the loss of my imagined Miami Vice and Pina Colada laden sail away. Guess I will have to pay per drink.

STANDARD PER DIEM PACKAGE

-Open bar during regular hours of operation(house and all brands only)

-Open bar on private islands of CocoaCay and Labadee(house/call only)

-House wines by glass in bars, dining room and Windjamer Cafe

-Domestic and Imported beers

-Unlimited fountain sodas and juices in bars.

-One drink per guest per order only

- Charge is $49.00 per person per day including Gratuity

PREMIUM PER DIEM

-Include all Sandard Package plus--

-Premium brand beverages of any kind

- Charge $59.00 per person per day, including Gratuity

CRITERIA

-Minimum group size is fifty(50) adults

-Package must be purchased for entire group for duration of cruise.

-Must be purchased no later than 4 weeks prior to sailing

-Not available for purchase onboard.

Archived