So, we booted a few people from our RFS..

We originally got a couple of family members to join us on our upcoming cruise because it was so cheap for them to be the 7th and 8th people in the FS(which supposedly holds 8).

Then, I came here ;)

And found out the arrangements of the beds and bathrooms - and decided it would really be too tight to have 6 adult/adult sized bodies and 2 children in that suite.

So we are moving them to an interior room - close to us - and hopefully if I keep checking prices, nearly as cheap for them.

So here are my questions:

I believe I have read they will be able to check in with us in the "special" suite check-in line for whatever that is worth.

I know they won't be able to use the concierge lounge.

If we use the concierge service to get Ice show tix will be be able to get theirs too? Just tell the concierge we want tix for 8?

Check in will be hit or miss. Is this their first cruise with RCCL? The tickets to the ice show will be easier, depending on the per in the lounge. why not book one adult in your suite and one child in the inside, that would ensure that you all are official in the suite.

Ahh!

You think that would make a difference? These two people are a cousin of mine and her dd. But if we switch the names around so that a different adult shows in the inside cabin - we are less likely to be separated? Like show cousin/dd in the suite - and my dh and one dd in the inside?

They are not C&A members - but the rest of us are. So one thing someone would be giving up is the extra cruise credit for booking a suite.

But if the rumors are true about the changes to the cruises required to get to Platinum or Diamond.....:D that won't really matter anyway.

As far as cruise credits, it won't matter since your DH will automatically get whatever cruise credits YOU have (same for your children residing at your address). No problem getting the ice show tickets either - and, while I do not approve of people bringing their assorted non-qualifying friends and relatives to the CL, I can't imagine them denying your DH admittance, and this way your cousin could join you as well.

Ahh!

You think that would make a difference? These two people are a cousin of mine and her dd. But if we switch the names around so that a different adult shows in the inside cabin - we are less likely to be separated? Like show cousin/dd in the suite - and my dh and one dd in the inside?

They are not C&A members - but the rest of us are. So one thing someone would be giving up is the extra cruise credit for booking a suite.

But if the rumors are true about the changes to the cruises required to get to Platinum or Diamond.....:D that won't really matter anyway.

Keep in mind if you and your hubby are C& A you get 2 credits for your family in RFS not individual credits per say. (Meaning RCL gives everyone in the family with the same address the same number of credits.)

I would put dh & dd in the inside room it won't make a difference toward your overall cruise credits. (switch when you get onboard)

Archived