Going to CDG without E

Is it a risk to fly into Paris (CDG 8 AM) without Euros and purchase them at the airport? I know there is an exchange counter in the airport, but I don't know the hours. Is it safe to depend on an ATM there?

I have never brought Euros (or Francs at the time) to CDG with me. Once I bought Francs at the counter at the airport. Usually, since I was going to Paris, I just made do until I got downtown and then looked at various exchange shops until I found the best rate.

If you are worried about finding an ATM, why not book a transfer from one of the many services. The last time in Paris we used a group service and booked online and prepaid with a credit card for the round trip. It worked fine for us.

Carol

Is it a risk to fly into Paris (CDG 8 AM) without Euros and purchase them at the airport? I know there is an exchange counter in the airport, but I don't know the hours. Is it safe to depend on an ATM there?

Don't forget to take at least a One Euro coin.You will need this for the luggage trolley at baggage reclaim.

Our April 2007 experiences at de Gaulle was that it took lots and lots of walking to find ATM machines within the concourse areas. Maybe they have a "DEAL" with the over-priced money changers, but it took serious time to find those machines that traditionally have the better exchange rates. Terry in Ohio

Don't forget to take at least a One Euro coin.You will need this for the luggage trolley at baggage reclaim.

Or a token that is the size, shape of the 1 Euro coin.;)

I always try to get some local currency just to tide us over til we find an ATM.

See if any CC member in your locality has some Euros to exchange?

Ron

Archived