Lounge chairs on Grand Princess Caribe 753?

burm

Some people have suggested that C753 has reclining lounge chairs on it, others have said that they had to ask for them.

On our recent cruise I was unable to secure a poolside lounge chair (11days) because of chair hogs (some held chairs on both sides of the ship for when the sun changed). You would see only a few people in the pool, yet there were many, many vacant lounges with towels on them!

I would love to be able to recline on my own balcony with a good book. Can anyone tell me if these lounges are standard on C753 or if we are dependent on the good will of our steward.

In my experience (4 cruises in past 4 years in either C752 or C753), lounge chairs are no longer 'standard equipment' on these large non-suite AFT balconies since the Star Princess fire. I do not believe the pool loungers are sufficiently fire resistant to meet Princess standards for balcony use.

We have requested 1 pool lounger for the balcony on our last 2 cruises from the cabin steward upon arrival but we experienced a lot of pushback from the cabin stewards as to why this is not allowed. One steward ended up bringing us the lounge chair by the 3rd day and the other said he was told by his supervisors it was not allowed.

As to wanting this because you experienced chair hogs out on the pool decks, we have never had a problem findings 2 loungers on deck as long as we did not want to be poolside...

We have run into that exact same problem since the fire on the Star. We were always able to have the room steward bring us lounges from the pool deck, but anymore, if they do, they can get into a bit of trouble from their superiors if caught. Most will not take the chance and even asking them is something we no longer do.

On the other hand, I can personally attest to the fact that the high-backed lounge chair reclines nicely and if you slide one of the regular chairs over as a sort of foot rest, the two make a very comfy place to stretch out completely, rest, read and in my case, fall asleep with a pillow every afternoon. I was in cabin C752 on the Grand.

We just had this cabin on the Emerald C753, and we had 4 chairs; two chairs recline back fully, and we just put our legs up on the chairs that didn't recline. to answer your question, it served its purpose and was akin to having a full lounger. We just used the regular chairs as the foot stool

portion.

Archived