Post Cruise Hotel-Fort Lauderdale /transport

TwoMateys

When the cruise ends in Miami port, and we have a hotel booked in Fort Lauderdale, is the only option a taxi, and if so, what would be the cost?

Are there shuttles or group transportation available for a more modest cost?

I am thinking of an overnight as the flights from Ft. Lauderdale only leave cruise day early, early, or after 6:00pm and rather than hang around all day (where, doing what) we would check in to a room, and leave first thing the next morning.

I want to minimize transport costs. Not knowing how all the transport / logistics work after a cruise, which option would be best logistically getting to hotels and airport. Do any airport hotels offer day rates allowing us to fly out same day and have a place to relax?

How many of you will there be? You have several options. If you are staying at an airport hotel with a free shuttle, you could take cruise line transfers to FLL and then take the shuttle to the hotel. You could take a taxi (around $70, depending on traffic, I believe). You could do something like SuperShuttle for a shared ride from the port ($31/pp).

I stayed at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport. It was nice and had a free shuttle. I got it for a $50 bid for a 3* on priceline (your milage may vary on that).

I agree. I stayed four nights at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport hotel and it was very nice. We were on the club floor which offered hot appetizers and cold drinks in the evening as well as a cold buffet breakfast. Our room was practically on the runway yet we never heard a thing!

Towncar from Miami airport was $75. Shuttle to FLL from Sheraton was free. Towncar that picks you up at the hotel is $90.

The major car rental agencies have offices at the port. Most offer a rental without drop off penalty and can often be less than the cost of a transfer for two or a cab. This will give you the means to see a little of the Miami area and fill your day before the normal 3 to 4 check in time.

Every major hotel chain has an inn or two within shuttle range. There are hotels as far away as Plantation that offer the shuttle service too so you don't have to limit yourself to the immediate airport area.

Check out the East Coast Destinations board on CC and you will find all of your answers.

Archived