Princess doesn't have hotel options for four?

kwcrnp

We have booked a trip to Europe on Princess. We want to stay 1 additional night post cruise and asked Princess for pricing on 1 room for the four of us (myself, DH, DD, DS).

The TA is saying that the only 2 hotel options that Princess has in London, are unable to accommodate 4 people in 1 room/suite! I understand that many of these hotels are very old but one would think Princess, who markets families etc, would have at least 1 hotel option that could handle 4 people.

Very strange:confused:.

To book a room ourselves, would incur a $125/pp deviation fee on our air. :(

It doesn't surprise me. A lot of European hotels do not accomodate 3 except for in suites. Most of this is due to fire codes which are very different in Europe verses the US.

You most likely will need 2 rooms.

I assume that you are aware that Princess prices all of it hotels on a per person basis, so trying to fit 4 into a room would be the same price as 2 rooms with 2 people each.

Exactly correct. Whether it be two parents and two children in one room or one parent and one child in two different rooms, same price when booking through Princess.

As you can tell from my signature, I've cruised a lot but never on Princess and never to Europe. Thanks for the tips.

They said $900+ for the Crown Hotel. I thought that was for all 4 but it may have just been for 2 (we have 2 cabins). $900 was pushing it but $1800 for 1 night, is unfortunately too much for us. :(

I can do a lot with that money on the cruise!:)

That is what's confusing me - I have a call into my TA.

Either they are over charging me for 2 people (should be $638/2 people) or I'm I getting a deal at $900+ for all 4 people (one would think $1276/4 people per the brochure).

Either way, I think we're going to pass on staying the additional night.:(

Archived