Sea-Band Sea Sickness Remedy

Dad's Sidekick

We had two very rough days on the Gem last week. A few in our party got sick ( lots others got sick as well) and were told by the crew that green apples and ginger ale work very well. And they did. Apple were available in the Garden Cafe buffet so i would take some to my room just in case. I asked my doctor about the patches and he said the over the counter stuff works just as well. He did memtion the bands but I didn't use them.

The key with the sea bands is correct positioning. I cannot tell you the number of people I've seen on ships wearing them right at the wrist, which is incorrect.

http://www.homebackpainacupressure.com/acupressure-for-sea-sickness.html

I've worn them and taken Bonine in the past. In December, I added Ginger capsules and had absolutely NO problem at all (and I'm very susceptible to motion sickness). Never even opened the package for the sea bands. I cannot express how happy I was with the results of the ginger/bonine combo!

Do you recommend the Sea-Band or any other type of pressure point sea sickness remedy? Do they work?

yes they work. my kids used them especially when they were higher up in the ship. Had no problems. I used them for morning sickness. Worked great.

Do you recommend the Sea-Band or any other type of pressure point sea sickness remedy? Do they work?

Yes and yes!! I was very, very seasick on my first cruise and spent the first 2 days in bed. Felt better after that, but was mad that I had to give up a third of my cruise feeling horrible.

On the next cruise, I wore the Sea Bands and they worked like a charm!! I've never had a day of trouble since then, even in rough seas. I've also heard that ginger capsules (2 at each meal) work well.

I highly recommend the bands for 3 reasons:

1) They're non-invasive or medicinal.

2) They're cheap - $7 at Walmart.

3) They work!! :D

NCTribeFan, you mentioned your ginger/bonine combo. Would you mind sharing how you used the two together? How much bonine and how often? Same with the ginger. I'm very interested in this combo, along with maybe the seaband. I reallhy don't want to use the patch if at all possible because of potential side effects. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi, about the Sea Bands do you have to have 2 or will 1 work? I am a first timer and want to be prepared. I usually do not have any problems with sickness when flying but don't know how I will be on a ship.

Hi, about the Sea Bands do you have to have 2 or will 1 work? I am a first timer and want to be prepared. I usually do not have any problems with sickness when flying but don't know how I will be on a ship.

Yes you need to wear both in order for it to be effective. They come in a pack of 2

NCTribeFan, you mentioned your ginger/bonine combo. Would you mind sharing how you used the two together? How much bonine and how often? Same with the ginger. I'm very interested in this combo, along with maybe the seaband. I reallhy don't want to use the patch if at all possible because of potential side effects. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I started the ginger capsules the morning before the cruise. We flew to FLL that evening. Took one each morning and evening, trying to space them 12 hours apart. The bottle is at home, so I don't know what strenght they are. I imagine it's possible to buy them in different strengths.

I took 1/2 Bonine every morning and evening as well. I just have done better spreading that out rather than taking 1 a day. I started that the morning we sailed.

I felt so good I even stopped taking the Bonine during the cruise when we had 3 consecutive port days. Still had no problems when we were cruising those evenings. Restarted it the night before our last day, which was a sea day.

I really cannot describe how wonderful it was to stroll around the ship - for the first time ever - without feeling one bit queasy.

I've never actually gotten to the point where I threw up in the past, but you all know what it's like to feel like you might at any moment. It's horrible.

I was even sitting in the dining room the last day at lunch and watched the 9-10' swells come by and found it fascinating. In the past, I'd do anything to avoid watching the water like that!

I love cruising even if I don't feel well, but feeling totally "normal" really made it SO much more pleasant.

I have been seeing a lot about Bonine? Where do you get it? I have looked at a couple of drugs stores and have only seen the Dramimine. I understand the Bonine does not make you sleepy like the other does is this correct? If so I would be very glad to know where to purchase some before my May trip.

My wife wouldn't sail without them. Me.... I pass and just tuff it out. Fresh air usually gets my feet back under me. ;)

Thank you for the note. I was wondering as the one I purchased only had one in the box and I had been seeing people talk about two, so now I have to go purchase a second one it looks like. I am also looking to maybe have some Bonine with me but have not been able to find it to purchase. I don't get travel sick when I am driving or flying but don't know how I might react on the sea so would like to have these items to feel more secure about things.

Thank you for the note. I was wondering as the one I purchased only had one in the box and I had been seeing people talk about two, so now I have to go purchase a second one it looks like. I am also looking to maybe have some Bonine with me but have not been able to find it to purchase. I don't get travel sick when I am driving or flying but don't know how I might react on the sea so would like to have these items to feel more secure about things.

Wal mart should have it. If not on the shelf ask the pharmicist, it may be behind the counter.

Archived