Enchantment lovers... a few ???s

5. i'm not sure that there are any bad problems with staying under the pool. pool is deck 11, so you're not directly underneath it anyway. i've stayed on deck 8 on freedom and explorer as well as mariner and had no issues.
Actually the pool deck is Deck 9, directly over the Deck 8 cabins and suites. (try to find Deck 11 on the Enchantment! ;))

And there IS some noise, depending on location.

Extractfairy,

Wow, my first time on cruisecritics and I found someone sailing on the same cruise!

Are you sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida?

This will be my 2nd time on RC, previously on the Explorer, which was awesome.

Going this time without my 14yr old, who now gets "bored" on vacations with us "old folks".

I'm looking forward to the Solarium. I can remember the one on the Explorer, it wasn't usually too crowded, which made it a great place to be if you wanted a little quiet time.

Actually the pool deck is Deck 9, directly over the Deck 8 cabins and suites. (try to find Deck 11 on the Enchantment! ;))

And there IS some noise, depending on location.

you are right about the location of the pool, i think i'm getting my classes mixed up..... but, you're not altogether right :cool: enchantment has a deck 11!!! yes, the viking crown lounge is on deck 11. :-)

Ok,

We are off to the Enchantment this w/e! Flying out to Ft Myers early Sunday am, Sailing on Monday.

I will post when we get back , with some good pics for all!

pmp223, hope I have good info for you:D

have a great w/e all!!:p

Paco, have a wonderful trip!

Can I jump in and ask about JS cabins on the Enchantment? All JS seem to have the sleeper sofa (no pullmen beds) to accomodate the 3rd and 4th passenger. Has anyone actually slept 4 in a JS with the sleeper sofa? Are there any JS's that actually have pullmen beds and it just isn't listed that way on-line? Seems kindof strange to me that they don't have the pullmen bed option!?!?!

Thanks!

A~

My family (ages 50, 42, 8, 4) will be on the Enchantment on 5/31/08. We will be arriving at Port Everglades at 12:30PM (boarding starts at 1:00PM). Will the Windjammer cafe be open for lunch once we are on-board? Hate to stop and buy lunch before the cruise. Here's a picture of my piggy bank after I stopped and bought gas this morning.....

Image.jpg.1adc6ea932ab82b929fa3bce78851118.jpg

My family (ages 50, 42, 8, 4) will be on the Enchantment on 5/31/08. We will be arriving at Port Everglades at 12:30PM (boarding starts at 1:00PM). Will the Windjammer cafe be open for lunch once we are on-board? Hate to stop and buy lunch before the cruise. Here's a picture of my piggy bank after I stopped and bought gas this morning.....
Boarding will actually take place ~ 11:00 - 11:30. Our most recent cruise on the Enchantment we had finished lunch in the Windjammer by noon time.

We just returned on the 3rd of May,from the Enchantment.This was our second time on her.We love her, have already ,looked into ,next year.This year ,we were in 7040,last year we were in 7618,both rooms were wonderful rooms.Just beware ,that the higher the floor,the more the motion.I have been on 6 cruises , all over the ship,and this was the most motion ,I have felt,due to high wind,(I think that is what the captain said.)Took my dramamine as usual ,but still got a little nausea, (But I have a weak stomach anyway).The food was delicious as always ,the escargo,was amazing ,so much so that I opted for two of those,and a ceasar salad, instead of an entree.My lovely waiter,brought me a third,and Im like no really,Im full,but guess what I eat it anyway.I wish I could remember his name,but Im terrible with names.We ate at chops on the 3rd night,it was as usuall ,delicious.Wait staff in both dining room and chops were the best.If you have are by yourself ,and really want a table to yourself, just go straight to the maitre"d,and he will help you out.Just be prepared to wait in line.Loved all the ports, Key West,did the conch train, but will probably explore ,on our own the next time.Cozumel was ok,but found the vendors a little pushy,(but that is to be expected).But we did the highlights tour,we loved the scenery part,but the time in town,with the pushy vendors was way too long.Belize ,we stayed inside the gates, because,we had been warned by some past visitors,that it wasnt safe.(Im sure it was beautiful outside,but Im not that brave.)The shopping is cheaper for gifts in Belize.Really did enjoy the haggling here,bought a dress that was marked 75 us ,got him down to 40 us,was actually kinda fun.Also remember that the shops has a 2 for 20 or 2 for 30 sale on the last day,save your money.My husband loved the shows,and the karaoke, were I just enjoyed being on my balcony and people watching.My opinion, you will have a great time on this ship......

We will be on the same cruise. We are taking my daughter her husband and grandaughter. My daughter and husband have never sailed before. This will be our 3rd time aboard Enchantment. We really like her.

Lunch will be served in the Windjammer as soon as you board. I hope you and your famuily enjoy. I am really looking forward. 3 weeks from today.

• 3 weeks later...

pmp223, I tried to send you an email with pics but it won't go thru!:mad:

Hello! So sorry to take so long in getting these to you, but have been so busy with getting back to real life.. sigh..

It was wonderful!! I cannot wait to go again, food was delicious. We only ate in the dinning room first night, it was fine, just not the relaxed/vacation feel we were looking for.. and Windjammer the rest of the cruise, and I thought is was above the "buffet" comments that so many talk about. I have absolutely no complaints on service/food/activities.

It was all that I expected and more! Our room was more than comfortable, the bed divine.

The boat was beautiful and I experienced no sea sickness at all! I loved the motion of the boat especially at nite, and the balcony was SWEET!.

(Hubby didn't get his land legs back for a few days, he kept feeling like he was still on the boat!)

We were seriously not ready to get off that boat after 5 days. I think we may go for a 7 nighter next cruise!

I do also have the compasses for all 5 nites, and will scan them in soon as I can!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask

Thx

Jackie

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, adults only. I have never seen the roof open summer or winter. They have air conditioning.

No, no, no... please, someone chime in to tell me this isn't the case... we're sailing end of August... honestly??? the roof is never open??? really??? what's the point of it being retractable if it never gets retracted???

and does anyone know about the buy-in for the Hold 'Em tournament??? how much???

I'm really excited for this ship... she sounds fantastic...

No, no, no... please, someone chime in to tell me this isn't the case... we're sailing end of August... honestly??? the roof is never open??? really??? what's the point of it being retractable if it never gets retracted???

and does anyone know about the buy-in for the Hold 'Em tournament??? how much???

I'm really excited for this ship... she sounds fantastic...

That's a bunch of bull. We were on the Enchantment July 2007 and they open and closed the roof quite often on our sailing.

Archived