Ruby B749

Erinl

Hi All, I just booked a 7 night on the Ruby for 12/13/08! I have sailed twice before with Carnival in an interior & in a family oceanview. But this time DH & I booked cabin B749. Heard this is a good one...can anyone tell me about it (comparing it to the Emerald)? How is the view, balcony, noise, and location to main parts of the ship? Also, how does the atmosphere compare to Carnival? I am 27 & DH is 35. We liked Carnival but chose Princess for it's more relaxed feel & upscale decor. But what we really want is the sun & a never-ending supply of boat drinks!!!! :D

Thanks for your help!!!

Well, since the Ruby does not set sail until this coming November, you will have to wait for actual ship reports ;)--but you are correct in thinking it will be the same as the Emerald Princess, they are twins.

As for the ambience on Princess, yes it is more upscale than Carnival, and your primary needs of sun and boat drinks will be well filled. And your aft corner cabin will be wonderful, they are very much sought after. A little more noise from the wake, very gentle rocking motion.

Hi All, I just booked a 7 night on the Ruby for 12/13/08! I have sailed twice before with Carnival in an interior & in a family oceanview. But this time DH & I booked cabin B749. Heard this is a good one...can anyone tell me about it (comparing it to the Emerald)? How is the view, balcony, noise, and location to main parts of the ship? Also, how does the atmosphere compare to Carnival? I am 27 & DH is 35. We liked Carnival but chose Princess for it's more relaxed feel & upscale decor. But what we really want is the sun & a never-ending supply of boat drinks!!!! :D

Thanks for your help!!!

This is fully aft so it's not very convenient to the main parts of the ship. It's also fully covered if that makes a difference to you. Some love aft, some hate it. You'll of course hear the wake as the ship is moving, I like that, some don't. It has a small wrap around to the side.

Thanks! We like to be pretty far from main areas...walking to them doesn't matter. I chose this cabin because it seemed like an interesting location & I love the "motion of the ocean"!

Thanks! We like to be pretty far from main areas...walking to them doesn't matter. I chose this cabin because it seemed like an interesting location & I love the "motion of the ocean"!

Then your set! We have C753 in two weeks for Alaska on the Star, right below where you will be!

Thanks for your help!!!

Just was looking at this cabin yesterday, it is new to the Ruby as the same location on other Grand Class it was just an inside and on others it was an oceanview. Looks like they added a balcony to these 4 aft cabins.

2 are on one side of the Terrace Pool and 2 are on the other.

The only drawback with these is the door to get to the outside pool is literaly right next to that cabin and the door is constantly banging shut.

This really ticked me off on the Emerald last month. Laying out by the aft pool I was 15-20 feet from one of those doors and everytime someone came out it slammed with such force you could feel the whole deck shake. No one made any attempt to shut it quietly, they just let it slam. Luckily I did not have a cabin in that area that time.

However on the Crown I had the last balcony R-743 and it was a good 25 feet from that same door and it banged the whole cruise shaking the walls all the way down the corridor.

On the inaugural in Nov I am going with a trusted caribe balcony. :D

So just beware this is not something that I would like to deal with once onboard.

Colo Cruiser,

OP has Baja 749, which I believe (AFAIK) is identical to Emerald, and is a BB aft room. No access to Terrace Pool, which is two decks up on Riviera. Could you be confusing R749 with B749?

Thanks for pointing that out....

Ooops, must have Riviera deck on the brain. Sorry. :)

Then your set! We have C753 in two weeks for Alaska on the Star, right below where you will be!

Please tell me all about that cabin when you get back. I have that cabin next year on the Star. I am really curious as to how it docks, what will my view be? :rolleyes:

Will you be taking pictures?:) :)

Linda

We had B749 on Emerald in January. It is a great cabin. Because it is on the corner it has a slight wrap around balcony and you can see straight back and slightly to the right, one of the best balcony views available and great when leaving port. The balcony is large, fully covered, and has four chairs (2 recline) and a table. B749 has no obstructions, but the two cabins next to it have a pole that takes away space. The only noise is from the water churning below and we find that it puts us right to sleep. We can usually feel a little movement aft but does not bother us. B749 is really not far from the elevators in the back of the ship but a fair walk to the center elevators. We always try to book an aft corner whenever possible and I just snagged one today for CB next april.

• 2 months later...

We're booked in the same cabin (B749) on the 1/17/09 Ruby Princess. I had originally posted ??'s about the Riveria deck since the aft cabins weren't balconies, but decided to go with the Baja deck aft since the balconies are larger. Didn't want to take a chance with a small balcony. It's a little a tougher booking a ship that is still being built and there aren't any pictures available except the deck lay outs.:)

Archived