Carnival vs RCCL

rbden

salmon, pancakes and waffles every day, lots more fruits and the like. Also you havent been on RCI so how do you even know what you are missing with the service. I think someone pouring ketchup for your kid so you dont have to is really good service.

On the Jewel of the Seas last Sept, yes, they had pancakes and waffles--precooked and stacked and COLD everyday. The last day they brought out the waffle irons and gave you fresh, hot waffles. Nice. But for only one day--ridiculous.

CCL's food, overall, is much better,with much more variety.

My wife and I have been on both, we were very pleased on both. We sailed on RCCL a year ago and what really set them apart was our wait staff, absolutely outstanding, but as people have mentioned, that's the luck of the draw.

We're on Glory in November, taking our daughters and granddaughter, looking forward to a great time!

Well, I absolutely LOVE smoked salmon and it was wonderful to have in the Windjammer at breakfast. You can get it in the dining room for breakfast on Carnival. The omelets on Miracle were just excellent from the buffet (thanks to George); not so good in the dining room!

I loved the Windjammer being in the front of the ship, too. While I was queasy the entire time we were on Empress, I'd still get my breakfast and find a seat at the very front of the ship so I could look out.

Voyager of the Seas had several things that I thought were much better than in the past. For one thing they had a hot area in the very back of the buffet with fried eggs. yes, they had a place almost next to it where you could order them your way, but since I like them fried and not runny these were perfect, with no waiting in line. They always had 6 - 8 of them out under a hot light.

Well, I absolutely LOVE smoked salmon and it was wonderful to have in the Windjammer at breakfast. You can get it in the dining room for breakfast on Carnival. The omelets on Miracle were just excellent from the buffet (thanks to George); not so good in the dining room!

I loved the Windjammer being in the front of the ship, too. While I was queasy the entire time we were on Empress, I'd still get my breakfast and find a seat at the very front of the ship so I could look out.

We have always been offered smoked salmon delivered to our stateroom for breakfast every morning, (I personally am not much of a fish eater but it was offered). It has been over a year since our last cruise, maybe it has changed.

I'm not a room-service sort of person. I'm a get-up-shower-get-out-there cruiser. We had room service for the first time on Miracle, and ordered tea another afternoon (just to get tea in proper china instead of those horrid plastic mugs they now use).

But I'll bear that in mind next month. I could have that as my breakfast appetizer, just in case the line for the omelettes is long. :D

I'm not a room-service sort of person. I'm a get-up-shower-get-out-there cruiser. We had room service for the first time on Miracle, and ordered tea another afternoon (just to get tea in proper china instead of those horrid plastic mugs they now use).

But I'll bear that in mind next month. I could have that as my breakfast appetizer, just in case the line for the omelettes is long. :D

I would love to eat in the dining room every morning. I just like to relax and let someone bring me my food. Only problem is trying to get DH out of bed to go eat there (especially after the cocktail parties)!... LOL! :p

Well, I absolutely LOVE smoked salmon and it was wonderful to have in the Windjammer at breakfast. You can get it in the dining room for breakfast on Carnival.

I was just thinking about this comparison. I'm not a dining room-for-breakast kind of person but you can also get smoked salmon on Carnival if you order room service for breakfast. But since I like to get up and out, only did this twice on my last cruise.

I find these threads interesting.... EVERYTHING is so subjective. Everyone's priorities are different (otherwise, we'd all want to be on the same ship, same itinerary and how expensive would that be!).

Just a few comparisons (my own two cents)...

I think Carnival is more FUN.

I like RCI's pool deck better (on NOS, my only RCI cruise to date).

My mother did NOT like being addressed by her name a zillion times at dinner.

I do NOT like the royal promenade on NOS (flame-retardant suit being donned now) -- feels like a mall and I do NOT like malls.

Chairs in the main show room much more comfortable on RCI (but since I don't like the shows, makes for a more comfortable nap!).

Video arcade was much better on RCI (according to DS).

I happen to like Johnny Rockets (for 1 night -- bc there are none where I live)

Better live music on Carnival.

Better nightlife on Carnival.

Like the option for Promenade cabins on RCI (my kids had this last time).

Anyway, my point is... it's all a TOSS-UP. Which cruise do I pick? Solved it for 2009 by booking one of each:

- Bloggers Cruise on Carnival in February because of all the FUN with John Heald and the "anticipated" piano bar player (although not official yet)

- Family cruise on RCI'S AOS in April because of the itinerary (and bc DH wants to be on a different ship - not Carnival - for this cruise).

We should all agree to disagree. It's interesting to read what other people like (and don't like). No reason to get crazy over it. Just book your cruise and have a good time (whatever it is you like doing, eating, etc.)

We had fantastic service on the Sensation, with a group of 20, 10 adults and 10 kids, I couldnt have been more relaxed. The kids had their own table and I didnt have to get up once to help my 10 year old son. Sodas were always brought over promptly without asking after the first night and our servers, Esther and Enrique were top notch, offering to cut their steaks and showing them magic tricks. They were also super friendly to the grown ups. Carnival exceeded my expectations in the service dept and the food was fantastic as well.

Archived