Johannes from South Africa

Cruise Arizona

I know several of our frequent Celebrity posters have been lucky enough to have Johannes from South Africa as their assit. maitre'de. He made such an impression on our family during breakfast and lunch that when we were on the Infinity. Infact, the kids remember him going the "extra mile" for them by bringing them sticky buns and burgers, that they actually remember him better than they do our own AMD, who was actually very very good and very kind and friendly to them too.

I was just wondering if anybody knew if he is still with Celebrity? and What ship.

I know several of our frequent Celebrity posters have been lucky enough to have Johannes from South Africa as their assit. maitre'de. He made such an impression on our family during breakfast and lunch that when we were on the Infinity. Infact, the kids remember him going the "extra mile" for them by bringing them sticky buns and burgers, that they actually remember him better than they do our own AMD, who was actually very very good and very kind and friendly to them too.

I was just wondering if anybody knew if he is still with Celebrity? and What ship.

Suzanne, hi...I never had him but I can tell you Ruby from

South Africa is outstanding as well:D :) :D..I think she is the only

female Maitr'd!

We had Cornielus as a waiter on our very first Celebrity Cruise. He was absolutely fantastic. Johannas was fabulous!!! I have also heard that a vacation in South Africa is wonderful too.

I sometimes have a bit of trouble understanding the accent, but usually after a few minutes in conversation, I am able to adjust to the different inflections.

Bbro, I'll be that what you say about Texas accents too.

Seriously, we moved from Frisco TX to AZ about 9 years ago.

My parents used to live in Frisco when we first came to Texas! Small board!

I took my American husband back to South Africa 2 years ago to visit and meet my family. He loved it!! He can't wait to go back for the food, the wine, the people..all of it! I highly recommend the trip!

Hi,:) I have to tell you I had some of the best dessert wine

I have ever tasted last month on Galaxy.....it was from

South Africa too:D omg....it was just sooooooo

good! Better than any port and better than Muscat.

It was like liquid gold........YUM!

The Sommelier who recommended it was also from

South Africa;)

Hello fellow SA from Plano!! Hoe gaan dit met u! I lived in East London, Cape Town and Johannesburg. Have family in Swaziland, Jeffreys Bay, Cape Town and Jo'Burg.

We hit the wine route and stayed in B&B's for most of the trip. We took our time and stopped in at winery's for some of the most fabulous wines. And the food - we ate lamb, snoek, springbok, ostrich - all on a braai WITH ROASTIES and wine wine wine. And not to be left out -Savanna Dry Cider!!!

Good stuff!!!

dit gaan baie goed dankie.do you not miss the sa store on frankfort road.we were there weekly.I used to take biltong with me on the ship to give to any sa staff we met.They loved it.

Oh well,will have to go back to sa to get some now,

I sometimes have a bit of trouble understanding the accent, but usually after a few minutes in conversation, I am able to adjust to the different inflections.

Being an English-speaking South African myself, you would probably have difficulty understanding me too .... :D

Lekker om 'n paar Afrikaanse woorde hier te sien !!!!

Now Y'All make sure you come visit here !!!

Roy

Try African Hut (google it) and you can buy biltong and whatever else you can imagine to be shipped, they'e in CA. Every morning I have my marmite on toast and my husband looks horrified!

Archived