Azamara Cruise Survey- Dont Bother

Host Dan

Hey folks,

If anyone of you have received a survey regarding Celebrity and Azamara Cruises entitled "Azamara cruises needs your input", don't bother with it. It claims that after you fill out the online survey (15-20 minutes) you will be rewarded with a $5 check that they will mail you, or you can re-direct the money to charity. After filling out the survey for 10 minutes, a screen came on saying that they had enough completed surveys, and re-directed you to the Azamara home page. BIG WASTE OF TIME! :mad:

Host Dan

They told me that I had already completed the survey when I hadn't. I aplaude Azamara for looking for input , however, it doesn't seem like a good cross section if everyone who has sailed with them is eliminated.

I got an email from Azamara asking me to complete a survey - but there was no mention of $5.00 or any other compensation. I completed the survey, which took about 20 minutes.

Hi Everyone !

That reminds me of a similiar situation. About 12-18 months ago, I recieved an email from Celebrity, asking me for my input. I was excited, being that I never recieve any emails asking for my opinion. Why am I not asked ? They probably read enough from me on these boards :)

Anyhow, I completed about 10 minutes of questions, and then it said they had enough responses from my demographic. So, all of my input was wasted. I remember how I complained about it on Cruise Critic when it happened. Many others did too.

Funny, how it is over a year later, and the same thing happens again. You would think they would have learned by now !

Hi Andy,

There must be more than one survey. The one I did had the demographics at the end.

But Celebrity/Azamara is making a big mistake in asking people to take time to complete a survey and then cutting them off. Whoever designed their survey system should be booted.

Same thing happened to me. Cut off after about 50% of the survey was completed. They said they had enough input. I did not receive the $5 promised. I was just excited to get an email from Azamara and would have filled it out without the $5. I wonder how they will use the information I gave them?

:( I will never fill out another online survey from Az or Celebrity.

I had the same survey, same result The interesting thing is that it would not accept my responses for the number of holidays and cruises we have been on (over 30 cruises in the last three years, 90+overall. You would think they had a database of our demographics... but then my demographic might have lacked sufficient income for their planned program.:eek:

We were booked on a cruise to the Antarctica in January 2009. We booked his cruise while sailing on the Celebrity Constellation last summer and put down 900.00 dollars as a down payment. This week we looked up the cruise as we were starting to plan our trip and did not find that cruise at all. We called them and they said that this cruise had been cancelled and that we should have been notified of this. We had not and we are very unhappy with this and will not ever plan another trip with this line again. Now we will see if they credit us back with our deposit. BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!!

I just spent well over an hour filling out a very detailed survey that Azamara sent me yesterday regarding the cruise we recently completed. It covered virtually every aspect of the cruise, and there was plenty of opportunity to provide comments explaining why you rated something high or low. I assume this will be processed by a marketing agency, and Azamara will probably just get a bunch of numbers, but I took the opportunity to give praise where it was deserved and criticism where I felt they could improve.

Funny thing.....there was one question asking where I do my research for cruises.....and one of the choices was something like online cruise discussions and in parentheses it said "i.e. cruisecritic.com." That's the option I checked. They definitely know we're out here.

It sounds like some kind of an attempt to gain specific information and after they get it they don't want any more and just leave you hanging out to dry. I always laugh at how everyone used to believe that anyone actually reads all those attention to detail cards that people spend so much time filling out. Common sense says that to read all those cards from every cruise would take hundreds of extra employees just to process all the information and I think we all know that is not going to happen.

Well, I figure it's kinda like voting in an election. You hear people griping about the country and the economy and the politicians, but they don't bother going to the polls because "what good will it do? who cares what I think? nothing is going to change" and on and on.

Same thing with surveys, opinion polls, comment cards, or friends asking what you think about something. Maybe your thoughts and opinions will be tossed, ignored, laughed at, relegated to the wastebasket, or generally disregarded....so what? You've had a chance to say what you think, get your gripes off your chest, give someone who did a good job an attaboy. But the point is.....you have made an effort....you've tried to make things better. Are there any guarantees you'll succeed.....no. But if no one at all makes an effort, for sure nothing will change.

My former employer did surveys from time to time. They were outsourced to a marketing agency that mailed them out, received the replies, compiled the responses, and presented their findings to management. Mostly they were looking for trends.....areas where customer satisfaction was rising and declining and indicators about potential problems they needed to address. But they also received a whole section of customer comments verbatim which were indeed read by everyone who received a copy of the survey results....the board of directors, everyone in management, and most administration employees. Some comments praised the company and employees for excellent service; some were bitter complaints about poor service; some were thoughtful suggestions; some were ridiculous. I'm sure when those people wrote in their comments, many of them figured no one would look at them either.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not surprised. They don't have their act together for a survey and they certainly don't have it together onboard. I spent two weeks on Azamara last winter and this type of nonsense was consistent and in many cases much worse. Not a relaxing time to say the least. In any event, I too filled out this survey after sending a 13 page letter to the president explaining EVERY short coming in great detail so they could follow up appropriately. Nearly three months have passed with no reply. Trust me, you are merely a number on this line. They don't have it together. Even at their price point they fail to deliver. I've sailed Celebrity seveal times and had MUCH better service/organization. Do not be deceived by their claims of "luxury" or "premium" cruising. If you want that, pay for it and go with Seabourn or Silverseas....or go back to Celebrity, which is a solid value. Personally, it's worth the extra dollar to hedge against incessant hassels on my vacation. Azamara is not worth your time. Even the president does not care as evidenced by his lack of response to my letter.

Archived