scubagirrl

lsw0224

i remember reading a posting by scubagirrl about the Paradise Island Resort-- has anyone been there lately and noticed an improvement?

No improvement. I visit friends who work there.. the pool is dirty, the beach gathers debris from the harbour, and the hot tub was still scummy.

Booze is not name brand. (Bar food is OK.. but that's about it)

I wouldn't pay a dime to go there..

No improvement. I visit friends who work there.. the pool is dirty, the beach gathers debris from the harbour, and the hot tub was still scummy.

Booze is not name brand. (Bar food is OK.. but that's about it)

I wouldn't pay a dime to go there..

scubagirrl are you talking about the Paradise Island Harbour Resort???????

Bob :confused:

I'm pretty sure she is.

Yes, the resort has a new "package" for cruisers to do the all-inclusive for the day. But there is no beach to speak of.. a dirty pool and sauna, lousy food and no brand booze. It really is not worth the effort.

Rumour is that the hotel is slated to be torn down in the next phase or two of Atlantis.. and it's obvious the owners aren't putting a dime into maintenance.

This used to be the Fun Club and then the Holiday Inn.. now the paradise Island harbour resort. Go elsewhere.

We went to the Fun Club for a week in 1992 the day after Andrew left town. It was nice back then, to bad it went down hill. We also stayed at The Holiday Inn Pirates cove, and that's now gone also.:(

Anyone want me to stay at a resort that you would like to see torned down.:D

We went to the Fun Club for a week in 1992 the day after Andrew left town. It was nice back then, to bad it went down hill. We also stayed at The Holiday Inn Pirates cove, and that's now gone also.:(

Anyone want me to stay at a resort that you would like to see torned down.:D

I hear there are several more mediocre places on Paradise island that need to be removed!

I hear there are several more mediocre places on Paradise island that need to be removed!

ha ha ha.. In MY book.. that would be Atlantis.. I'd personally like it to sink.

But yes.. they should really tear down the beach and Coral towers at Atlantis.. they really are falling apart. But then there would be no moderate rooms at all left on the island.

RIU is destined to be part of Atlantis at some point. I'd love to see the smaller condos and private beach clubs fight for their right to stay.. They are just lovely.. but the big monster (atlantis) may eat them up as well.

Archived