Senor Frogs: AVOID!

adam62

I didn't even know there was one in San Juan! :) My cruise has a very short stop there (7am - 2pm...and I'm sure part of that will be sleeping time!), so now I know what we'll be doing. ;)

It's right behind the Sheraton Old San Juan (if you are staying there, ask for a room on the front of the hotel, otherwise you'll hear the noise from Senor Frogs). You'll probably be at pier 3 or pier 4 which are right across the street from the Sheraton OSJ.

Are you the owner of Senor Frogs?? :) Haven't posted cause I haven't been on a cruise til now. Just trying to help out so others pass on this joint. Besides being lousy, tacky, it's also expensive. You get better food at Taco Bell.

Are you the owner of Senor Frogs?? :) Haven't posted cause I haven't been on a cruise til now. Just trying to help out so others pass on this joint. Besides being lousy, tacky, it's also expensive. You get better food at Taco Bell.

I don't remember it being very expensive at all.

To each their own I guess!

Senor Frogs is a lot of fun. Not something we 50+ crowd do often, but did do 25 years ago. We had a great time. (without over indulging) As another poster said...To each their own.

We did the rain forest on ATV's, the beach, and the Bacardi factory (Avoid that at all costs!) Senor Frogs is where we go now in SJ.

Go and have a good time. Dance on the chairs, sing, join in the games. It is a great place to go for the amount of time you have in San Juan.

Then I guess you should never go to a Carlos & Charlie's either, as they are one and the same. We went to C&C's in Playa Del Carmin with our kids (egads!) and they even got a yard of lemonade!

Depends on what you define as "love." Could it be that some folks enjoy bad, slow service, obnoxious DJs and horrible over-priced food? To each his own, I guess!

Here is what you are missing, Adam.

Most of us know that Señor Frog's isn't about the food, it's about the BOOZE. The food is there as a 'courtesy' and to provide SOMETHING to absorb the excessive amounts of alcohol usually consumed therein!

:eek: ;) :rolleyes: :D

Maybe the OP was one of those that had soo much fun he missed the boat and blamed it on Senor Frogs. Ha! Ha!

Thanks the the warning......like Merion Mom says most posters know the atmosphere there and those that like it go and those that don't don't.

Its not my type of place but that what cruising is all about......something for everyone.

Unfortunately, you should have done your home work. Senor Frogs/Carlos N Charlies are definitely not a place to get good food. They are a place to drink and dance and to participate in silly games run by the DJ. So if that is what your are expecting, then it is a lot of fun. If you wanted better food, you should have walked one block up the street and there would have been numerous places with great food. Now the service is another issue. Everyone is on "Island Time" in the Caribbean, so I never expect good service anywhere.

:o Roibnob - I'm glad to see I'm not the only one from West Milford here on these boards.

SENOR FROGS ROCKS!!!!!

Why do you say to avoid the Bacardi Factory? Was you ATV tour cruise sponsored or something you did on your own.

Thanx.

I will never forget my first trip to Carlos n Charlies in Cozumel. Back 20 years ago before it was all built up and we got hammered and played basketball in there for an hour. Everyone was dancing on tables and the whole nine yards. I never thought Senor Frogs in SJ was near as crazy as C&C was.

I cut to the end without reading all the posts...

Senor Frogs = PARTY!!

That is what people go for. It's a place to enjoy drinking, partying, loud music, etc... no one ever goes for the food...

You can also add Papas and Beer in Ensenada of places to go "party!" And party they do... especially if you want to see topless women... :eek:

I didn't know there was a Senor Frogs in San Juan. I can't wait to go!! I'll be there in March!

Karen

Next time take a taxi from the pier to the forts, then walk back. Coming back it's all downhill.

Better yet, take the free trolley up to El Morro and then walk down.

Sorry, but I wouldnt' be caught dead in any of these "chain" restaurants/bars. I don't go to foreign islands/countries to eat/drink in overpriced chain restaurants.

I can purchase overpriced drinks on the ship where the food is already paid for!

But it is none of my business what other people do with their time and money. In fact, it just keeps them off the streets of the towns I wish to explore, which makes it more pleasant for me. :D

Archived