To guarantee or no guarantee on FOS

Just booked Freedom for Dec 6, 2009 for my cousins wedding and got an E1 balcony guarantee (triple). I have only cruised Princess and have done guarantees with them so I understand how they work. Does Royal wait until the last minute to give you a cabin? Are upgrades common with guarantees? On Princess we booked far in advance and booked the lowest category balcony and ended up with the highest category ( which I loved). Just wondering how common this is, especially for booking so far in advance.

Thanks everyone.

Just booked Freedom for Dec 6, 2009 for my cousins wedding and got an E1 balcony guarantee (triple). I have only cruised Princess and have done guarantees with them so I understand how they work. Does Royal wait until the last minute to give you a cabin? Are upgrades common with guarantees? On Princess we booked far in advance and booked the lowest category balcony and ended up with the highest category ( which I loved). Just wondering how common this is, especially for booking so far in advance.

Thanks everyone.

How did you get a triple cabin on a guarantee, have only ever been able to book a double guarantee?

Archived