DO Balcony Dividers Open

Dana Deem

Could anyone tell me if the balcony dividers on the Coral Princess open while in port? We've been on cruises where they will allow us to open & some cannot even open. Please let me know if you saw them open or had them open yourself. We're booking our cruise this week for next April 2!!!

Thanks for the info! This will be our 33rd. Keep on cruising!!

Could anyone tell me if the balcony dividers on the Coral Princess open while in port? We've been on cruises where they will allow us to open & some cannot even open. Please let me know if you saw them open or had them open yourself. We're booking our cruise this week for next April 2!!!

Thanks for the info! This will be our 33rd. Keep on cruising!!

If they open they will be open for the entire cruise. :)

The majority do open.

The Coral & Island Princess are unique in that not all of their doors between balconies open up.

The Dolphin Deck is the one that is the odd-ball. The cabins are paired off in 2's, so if you don't chose carefully, you may not be able to go between the 2 balconies.

Like Colo said below, you simply ask your cabin steward to open the divider door on the balcony and it stays open the whole week if you want. On some Princess ships, we've had to block the door so it didn't swing back & forth. On others, it locked in place in an open position.

If you tell us which cabins you're concerned about, I'll check to see if they have a balcony door that opens between them.

We used a bungee cord to keep the door open, and so that it would not bang. I think that the previous post was correct that not every two balconies connect. It seems to me that we did ask before our cruise, and they were able to confirm that ours connected.

If you call princess, they may be able to contact the ship to determine this, I had a situation once where a friend 'needed' her bed to be facing 'forward' and they were able to determne which of the staterooms the bed faced forward (feet toward the front) in and they were correct.:rolleyes:

Thanks for this thread ... anyone know about D625/D627/D629?

I'm not sure about those three cabins since they are unique in the way they are kind-of wedged between the mini suites & full suites. I'm guessing that:

D625 and D627 share a door that opens between the balconies

D629 shares a balcony door opening with D631.

Interesting comments about only opening between certain cabins. I've never given this a single thought until now. Its also never been a problem before. For the past about 6 cruises we've open the doors between balconies. This past cruise we had 4 cabins linked, other times 2 or 3. They have always been opened by the cabin steward and we've never needed anything to keep them open.

It's a rare thing - I've only seen this annomaly on the Coral/Island Princess. Our 2 open balcony doors on the Golden last month did not have anything to hook the door into like other Princess balconies we've had. (weird, huh?) I should've brought our bungie cord like someone suggested below.

Thank you everyone for the info on the balcony dividers! We booked our April 2, 2009 Panama Canal cruise today! We have D417 & D415! This will be our 3 time thru the canal but the other couples first--boy are they in for a treat!! Keep Cruisin!!

Actually there is a door that will open between all the balcony cabins except on the one deck. The problem is that even though it may open it may not be practical as the doors to the cabins from the balcony may swing in such a way as to make it impossible to leave the divider open.

When rooms are on opposite sides of a fire door/bulkhead, the balconies do not connect on the "in the hull" balconies. Usually, the numbers "jump" when they cross the bulkheads. The other balconies do connect. On our Sun Princess cruise, we were concerned about the adjacent balconies, but we ended up in staterooms with connecting balconies.

I think we are booked in a cabin next to a bulkhead (402 & 406 on Caribe deck on the Emerald Princess). The TA said that you could not open the balcony between 402 and the cabin next door (which is 328). There is a fire door there. Is there a disadvantage to being next to a bulkhead?

Sharon

Archived