?? charleston-hotels,parking, things to do??

cruisin'4ever

Just wondering.. We have never been to Charleston and plan to come in a day before our cruise. We would like a hotel with free parking and shuttle to the port. I found Quality Inn Convention Center on Arco lane for 120.00 but I'd like to tour the city and understand it's about 20 min away. Would it be better (easier)to stay downtown so we could just walk right out our hotel? If so has anyone stayed at a hotel downtown recently that offers park and cruise packages?

Just wondering.. We have never been to Charleston and plan to come in a day before our cruise. We would like a hotel with free parking and shuttle to the port. I found Quality Inn Convention Center on Arco lane for 120.00 but I'd like to tour the city and understand it's about 20 min away. Would it be better (easier)to stay downtown so we could just walk right out our hotel? If so has anyone stayed at a hotel downtown recently that offers park and cruise packages?

I believe I answered you questions in the other thread... but most downtown hotels do not have room enough for their guests and use parking in a garage... hence the valet parking.

Tons of shopping, dining, and attractions downtown. South Carolina Aquarium, Fort Sumter, carriage tours, etc.

I would definitely stay downtown and not out by the airport.

You can park at the port or at any of the city lots.

Depending upon your dates, keeping in mind Charleston is an expensive town due to high demaind, The Andrew Pickney Inn, The Indigo Inn, Days Inn Historic District, and The King Charles Best Western are all reasonably priced.

You can also keep your car in a city garage and easily walk to the pier.

Archived