2 strikes and they r out!

foneguy

ok my first 2 cruises were star and grand, loved them we were then told to try rccl, we said ok but not as good as princess, then for the $$$$ we just went on carnival glory for our 15th anniversary, but again they are not princess so as the thread states 2strikes and they are all out, we are back to princess:D ill be booking another for 2010 on a western or souther princess soon!!!! i guess nobody can measure up to the grand and the star princess.............

ok my first 2 cruises were star and grand, loved them we were then told to try rccl, we said ok but not as good as princess, then for the $$$$ we just went on carnival glory for our 15th anniversary, but again they are not princess so as the thread states 2strikes and they are all out, we are back to princess:D ill be booking another for 2010 on a western or souther princess soon!!!! i guess nobody can measure up to the grand and the star princess.............

Sounds like a great decsion. :)

Was going on Carnival Glory for the $$$$ even close to being worth it? I would be so disappointed to feel like I wasted my money on a ship that just didn't pan out.

Your enjoyment level of your cruise really depends on what you are looking for. I have been on 3 of each Carnival & Princess and prefer Princess's decor, but we did prefer Carnival's musical entertainment. The food is about equal in quality in the seated dinning rooms, but again we did prefer Carnival's buffets because they "mute" the flavors less than Princess. The main reason for the differences we find are because we are in our early 30's and many times we find ourselves less than half the age of the average fellow Princess passenger which of course was even more extreme on our Alaska and Hawaii cruises. Princess's entertainment and food is targetted to the majority of their target passengers who are older. I am not knocking Princess, I just stepped off the CB on 4/27, and have even done a future cruise deposit, but our next cruise will be a Carnival cruise because we miss the entertainment and spicy foods!

Regards,

DHL

I'm with you! We went on one Carnival cruise because it was a great price for 6 nights and was local. It was on the new Valor last year. Like you, we figured "how bad can it be" but now I say "not for me"! It was a beautiful ship, and I loved the food. But I just couldn't get comfortable. The deck chairs were really uncomfortable and there was no way to lie out in the shade except on the side of a deck that was quite far away from any activity. The only sound there was silence. Each night we would wander around and couldn't just sit and relax anywhere because the lounges were all closed-in and smokey and I am allergic. So we just went to dinner and shows and wandered around. Then there was the dining room: the maitre di told stupid jokes from the microphone and then got the whole dining room to cheer for their team; this was every night, and just interrupted an otherwise nice dinner. And the waiter kept trying to entertain us with napkin and matchbook tricks. It felt like we had to entertain his ego, or risk being rude. So, I tried Princess again in December after many years, and I am pleased and returning next week...

Was going on Carnival Glory for the $$$$ even close to being worth it? I would be so disappointed to feel like I wasted my money on a ship that just didn't pan out.

It's really funny how subjective cruising is. I feel that my last Princess experience was not as good as I expected it to be. The service was OK, the entertainment was, at best, OK. There just wasn't anything that was special. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it, I just had more fun on other lines. Maybe it was my outlook on life or whatever but it did not meet my expectations. I do prefer anytime dining (or whatever they're called) and that was a consideration.

In saying that, I believe that there is never a bad cruise or that I "wasted my money on a ship". As a result of my experiences, I will entertain other main line cruises and believe they are all pretty much interchangeable.

Try Emerald Princess, very nice.

Jan

I have cruised on Carnival twice and it was okay but I am really looking forward to our first Princess cruise. Going on a new ship sounds great to me. I don't think the ages of fellow cruisers will have an impact on us one way or the other. I will be 38 when we cruise and my boyfriend will be 50 and we really don't do the party scene anymore. I am looking forward to lots of rest and relaxation.

I feel the same way. We are regular Princess cruisers and so far haven't found anything that can beat them. We tried RCL 4 times and had only one halfway decent cruise with them (our first one on the Rhapsody). I did not like our cruise on the Radiance or the Voyager or the way they cancelled a cruise on us and didn't even bother to tell us. I found out on CruiseCritic! When I spoke to them they lied. So for now we stick with Princess. Love the ships and the itineraries.

I haven't been on many cruises but I am scared to stray away from Princess...the only reason I am going on the RC Freedom is because my cousin is getting married and I am the matron of honor. I am excited to try it, but I know its not Princess. I just converted my parents to Princess. But DH wants to take me to Alaska for our 5 yr anniv which is 2010. (we did our first Alaska cruise for our honeymoon). So backto Princess we go. DH and I are both 30 but we are not big partiers and kinda like the mellow atmosphere. We usually stay away from the dance clubs and just like to have a drink and just chi chat. Well I guess I'll go in with an open mind and just come back with a good comparison.

Archived