Mens Formal Wear

Dorset Cruiser

Do Princess offer a hire service for mens formal wear? We are cruising in January on the new Ruby Princess with our son and daughter, their partners and our two grandchildren. The younger men are not into formal clothes. However, we are celebrating a lot of different events; our Ruby Wedding, my DH 60th birthday and retirement and it is also being used as a honeymoon trip for our son and DIL and we do want everybody to dress appropriately. My DH does have formal wear but, if he can hire it, he may do that instead of hauling it from the UK to US.

Is there such a service?

If so, has anyone availed themselves of it? and if they have, what is the charge etc?

Would appreciate some responses.

Chris:D

Many of the tuxes that you see on cruise ships are rented and people tend to be pleased with them. One thing that is recommend though is to try it on upon ariving in the cabin so that if there are any glitches it can be looked after right a way.

We were on Island last week or so ago on which several people's baggage was lost in Terminal 5 and never arrived.

Princess lent them formal wear but the ladies to whom I spoke declined to wear them. Crimpoline (sp?) two piece etc. and no shoes.

The gents tuxs were oK but the shoes were too narrow perhaps they supplied US sizes instead of UK?

we have rented through the cruise line and were really satisfied. My dh went to the local formal wear shop to have his measurements taken professionally, then we faxed the order in.

It was wonderful to have the tux waiting in the room when we arrived and then at the end of the cruise have it wisked it away.

no muss no fuss. Would recommend the service.:)

Archived