Paris Hotel Transfer

Tintown

Wondering what would be the best way of getting to CDG from our Hotel which is about half way betwee the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomph? We will have plenty of luggage with us. Thanks.

Wondering what would be the best way of getting to CDG from our Hotel which is about half way betwee the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomph? We will have plenty of luggage with us. Thanks.

Have the hotel call you a taxi..or you could use a shared van,but with a lot of luggage a taxi would be nice..IMHO.Should be about 5/60 euro.

Have the hotel call you a taxi..or you could use a shared van,but with a lot of luggage a taxi would be nice..IMHO.Should be about 5/60 euro.

I assume that you meant 50 or 60 EUR; it's always cost me about 50 EUR from central Paris, near the Hotel de Ville where I usually stay.

Another option if money is an issue is to take a cab from your hotel to rue Carnot at the Etoile, and then catch an Air France bus to the airport. Relatively inexpensive flat rate, though you won't make friends with the cabby. Note that Paris cabs charge extra for baggage.

I've never been to Paris, so I have no idea if this website is being truthful or not, but it starts off saying cabfare can be 80 EURO from City to CDG, and if they charge extra for luggage, that would make it even more.

http://www.netcapricorn.com/clients/airportconnection/paris_shuttle.htm

I prefer the van shuttle type service because of large luggage. The Air France bus is a nice alternative if you are close to where it runs, as they do have a space for luggage.

I assume that you meant 50 or 60 EUR; it's always cost me about 50 EUR from central Paris, near the Hotel de Ville where I usually stay.

My bad..I did mean 50 not 5 although what a treat that would have been. The reason I suggested a cab was,if I remembered correctly the OP wife needed a wheelchair,and I thought a taxi would be easier. I may be wrong on this too,but I did check my spelling this time:D

I go to Paris three times a year and just about always take a taxi to/from the airport.

My last visit was just in February.

The taxi always costs me about 40-50 Euro's and I stay in the 16th arrondisement (not far from Arc de Triomphe) and I always arrive in busy AM rush hour traffic.

I go to Paris alone and usually have two pieces of luggage and the driver's don't charge me extra, but they do have the right to.

I've taken the van service, which if I recall was about 18 (?) Euro's a person. It's a nice savings when you're traveling alone, but not that much of a savings if you're two people.

Your hotel will call a taxi which comes from the local taxi stand and the meter starts running as soon as the cab leaves the stand and starts heading to you, so make sure you're ready and waiting in the lobby, not in your room, since you're paying as the meter clicks away.

When I was there in November, there was a transit strike and traffic was at a standstill, and a taxi would have cost 80+ Euros. Instead, I took the Air France bus from the airport to Port Maillot. Got off there, and then took a short taxi ride from there (hotel taxi line) to my destination and saved a ton.

We will be staying at the Best Western Eiffel Park Hotel near the tower, arriving on Air France. does anyone know if the Air France bus referred to below goes close to the tower?

The Air France Les Cars (aka bus) makes only two stops: Porte Maillot and Etoile. I know Porte Millot is not near the Eiffel Tower. I have no idea about Etoile. I've seen many people take the Air France bus and then get a taxi to their final destination. If you have a lot of bags the transfer may be a pain, but it will save a bit of the taxi fare. There's some information about the bus on the Air France web site. I don't know if this link will work, but it's the one with the route: http://videocdn.airfrance.com/cars-airfrance/

Thanks for the Air France bus link. It worked great once I found the English language option! I'll do a bit of map research to see whether one of those two stops is at least in the right direction to get to the Eiffel/Invalides area. I notice the bus from Orly airport goes there and there is a bus from CDG to Orly but I have no idea whether that would involve traveling totally across the city and then back again. Will check the maps. If anyone else who is familiar with Paris has the answer, I would be most appreciative. This site is amazing for the wealth of collective knowledge!

I'll do a bit of map research to see whether one of those two stops is at least in the right direction to get to the Eiffel/Invalides area. I notice the bus from Orly airport goes there and there is a bus from CDG to Orly but I have no idea whether that would involve traveling totally across the city and then back again.
Orly is totally on the other side of the city from CDG (south and north respectively). And Invalides is nowhere near the Eiffel Tower, either (only a little bit closer than Etoile), so getting the bus from Orly to Invalides wouldn't gain you much. I think you're almost definitely going to have to either get the Metro or RER for at least part of the journey, or a taxi, or get a private transfer.

We will be staying at the Best Western Eiffel Park Hotel near the tower, arriving on Air France. does anyone know if the Air France bus referred to below goes close to the tower?

Your hotel is marked on this Eiffel Tower Hotel Map.

It is closer to Invalides than the Eiffel Tower itself.

From Orly the Air France bus terminates at Invalides about 500m from hotel.

From CDG, simplest option is the RER train. Get any train to St Michel, then upstairs to Line C and any train westwards a couple of stops to Invalides or Pont de Alma.

Invalides is fractionally further away from your hotel but there is a ready supply of taxi's for the short trip to your hotel.

Thanks for all the info and links! As we're arriving CDG early on a Sunday morning 0700, it looks like maybe the RER train to St. Michel then connect to Invalides and taxi to Best Western Eiffel Park from there...or...Air France Shuttle to Porte Maillot (Arc area) and taxi from there. I am leaning toward the RER. Unfortunately we can't check in until 2 pm so will hopefully drop the luggage at the hotel and then do some site seeing locally until we can get our room (assuming we can keep our eyes open and remain upright!).

I have another question regarding our departure from Paris via Eurostar. Does anyone have a recommended transport method from our hotel to the Gare du Nord?

I have another question regarding our departure from Paris via Eurostar. Does anyone have a recommended transport method from our hotel to the Gare du Nord?

Just do the RER arrival option in reverse. The RER train from St Michel to CDG stops at Gare du Nord (2nd stop).

The RER station is underground at Gare du Nord, below the Eurostar terminal on the surface.

Air France Shuttle to Porte Maillot (Arc area) ...
Just to clarify: Etoile is where the Arc de Triomphe is. Porte Maillot is on the Peripherique, two Metro stops out from Etoile towards La Defense. One of the Air France buses does CDG-Porte Maillot-Etoile. If you want the Arc de Triomphe area, you need the Etoile stop where the bus terminates.

Archived