Military Discount

hatchetjack5

My husband is a veteran, and we have used the military discount numerous times. We have received the lowest prices using the military discount. I know Carnival offers the military discount to those serving currently, retired, and veterans that served at least 2 years and had an honorable discharge. Carnival will ask you to fax a copy of the DD214 as verification. The discount applies to everyone in the cabin.

My husband is a veteran, and we have used the military discount numerous times. We have received the lowest prices using the military discount. I know Carnival offers the military discount to those serving currently, retired, and veterans that served at least 2 years and had an honorable discharge. Carnival will ask you to fax a copy of the DD214 as verification. The discount applies to everyone in the cabin.

When you fax it to them, make sure you block out your social security #.

How much is the discount? Will my mom get it too? Since they are married?

I think we saved at least $100. or so and, yes, your mom will get it, too. It's only good for some cruises, though. Carnival has a friends and family sale a couple times a year so they could get 2 more rooms for the military rate, too. Vacations to Go has a web-site for military rates.

I have actually had luck every time we cruise just calling Carnival and asking them what are the different rates (past guest vs military). Maybe I have been really lucky, but I think they offer military rates on every sailing. You just have to call and ask about it.

All our booked Carnival cruises (10) have been military rates. We have saved an average of $120 each (cat 6A) to $300 each on cat 11. Never had a problem getting it but we do book our cruises early. The friends and family deal is great also. We have done that twice with our adult son and daughter.

I booked with Carnival earlier this month, and yes, the military discount was offered for my honorably discharged (in the early 70's) husband and me. It allowed me to upgrade quite a few levels and pay the same as what I was willing to pay for an "almost obstructed" view. Now we have a great balcony on a higher level for less than what I thought we would pay. Kudos to Carnival!!!:)

Remember that is isn't a discount, it's just a rate code that you can only use if you're military. Many people mistakenly think that it means a certain amount off a price. For example, if you booked a cruise 6 months ago at a great price, you can't call and say you want the military discount applied to that. There is a rate that was used when you booked and there is a totally separate rate for military discount. It could be that you got it cheaper when you originally booked.

Military rates are usually pretty good but they're not always the best deal out there.

I have actually had luck every time we cruise just calling Carnival and asking them what are the different rates (past guest vs military). Maybe I have been really lucky, but I think they offer military rates on every sailing. You just have to call and ask about it.

They do limit how many and cat. They do sell out and being Military/past guest rated aren't gtyed.

hatchetjack5 the vet get it and the person in the cabin with him! It is a great deal. Carnival is the only ones giving it to vets.

Yes, RCCL does offer military rates to active, reserve or retired members of the military, but Carnival includes veterans -- those who have served two years active duty with an honorable discharge.

it was effortless for us to take advantage of their military discount..i talked with an agent and was told about the requirements..i fax d her

our documentation..no need to block out SSN since they were nt used

at the time..

once it was verified that i indeed qualified she asked what cruise i was interested in..

the discount , i thought was pretty steep..we paid for a balcony guarantee cabin and was given an automatic 2 category discount..:p

My DH is a Navy reservist and all he's had to do is fax a copy of his ID card. This will be our second cruise using the discount (couldn't get it on the other two cruises) and it's well worth it. We only stay in suites and we're getting our Cat 11 for a lot less than it would normally cost.

Archived