How long does it take to unpack when u get home?

heatherandfred

Cruise is over, boo hoo ! :( :mad: :(

We got home late Monday afternoon 4/28/08 and all but one bag is unpacked. I just dump everything in piles on guest bedroom floor in laundry piles and do a load now and then when the spirit moves me !

I should have it done by this weekend. 16 days away from home equals lots of laundry !

I have the suitcases put away before I go to bed that night! Laundry started and all the cosmetic/personal items back in their place!

Putting it off only makes it harder! (It's like folks who don't empty the dishwasher, but just use the clean dishes right out of the dishwasher, until it's empty...I can't do that!!!!)

I have the suitcases put away before I go to bed that night! Laundry started and all the cosmetic/personal items back in their place!

Putting it off only makes it harder! (It's like folks who don't empty the dishwasher, but just use the clean dishes right out of the dishwasher, until it's empty...I can't do that!!!!)

Show off:D

I'm usually quick about getting everything out of the suitcases. Personal items may stay in the hanging shower bag for a day and the stuff gets put back when it's used. More often than not, the empty suitcases sit in the closet for a few weeks until I get the motivation to get them up on the top shelf of the closet.

This last cruise, since I got so sick when we got home, literally took me a week and a half to completely be unpacked. Clothes and toiletries were unpacked, but not necessary washed and away.

It takes me at least a week.. sometimes longer!!

We live in Canada and therefore do most of our cruising when its not the warmest at home.. so the clothes in my bag aren't season-appropriate when I get home anyway.

Mostly, its the Post Cruise Depression that prevents me from unpacking though!

I got off the Spirit on 4/19 and I still have some stuff in my suitcase. I'm sure BF hasn't gone through half of his case. I hate unpacking.

I am not kidding when I tell you that this very moment there is a suitcase behind my couch with DH's cruise clothes from LAST OCTOBER:mad: I absolutely refuse to do it for him. I, on the other hand have completely unpacked about 3 days after a cruise.

I always unpack the day after getting home. I make it a point to unload everything and wash it all. If its winter, I load it all right back into the suitcase, which I use to store my summer clothes. At the end of summer, I load up the suitcase again and its practically packed for my winter cruise:) My husband, however, still has his suitcase full of clothes(dirty, mind you) from our February cruise! I am waiting to see how long it takes him to get to it. God knows whats living in there at this point!

• 2 weeks later...
I got off the Spirit on 4/19 and I still have some stuff in my suitcase. I'm sure BF hasn't gone through half of his case. I hate unpacking.

About 5 minutes. I use a 22" roll-on-board holding only the necessary items NEEDED. Put 2 pair of shoes away, put makeup in the drawer, "ditty" bag with dental stuff, a few bandaids, a small tube of Neosporin, an emory board, etc. in drawer (it stays packed), handful of dirty clothes in the hamper....and I'm done.

Since I've been Platinum, I sometimes take advantage of the free laundry service - in which case, I omit the "handful of dirty clothes in the hamper" thingie.

It takes about ten minutes.

I'll probably have a duffel bag and a suit carrier, with a suitcase for really long trips. The washable dirty clothes come out, divided into whites/lights/darks, and are deposited into laundry baskets. Suits are rehung, to be taken to the dry cleaners. Shoes are put back in the closet. Entertainment items (like portable DVD players) are put away. Souvenirs are placed somewhere, pending sorting.

I travel a lot, mostly for extended weekends. The duffel bag holds toiletries, and that part is never unpacked, only occasionally refreshed. I learned early that unpacking and packing made it likely I'd forget something, so I decided to leave the bag prepped for my next trip.

ditto I'm the same way. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We find it best to do it right away. However, certain cruise items you separate and put away for the next one.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish I could say the same thing! Usually, I unpack the same day as we return. However, on our upcoming cruise we will not be getting to the airport until 11:00 at night, factor in waiting for luggage and the shuttle to longterm parking, and it is almost midnight. Then we have a 2+ hour drive home from the airport (assuming the weather is good and the roads are clear). That is quite a late night! To make things worse, we will be returning on the night of the time change (Spring forward). So.... I highly doubt that I will be unpacked that night.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived