Can I pay for an upgrade when ship prices have jumped up?

cwistyred

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I need to ask what may seem like a stupid question, but if I don't ask my husband will be unbearable.

Booked an OV 6A guarantee on the Freedom sailing this summer. We got a good deal through our PVP using a Military discount. Since that time the prices on the ship in certain categories including 6A have gone up. I noticed on several websites that if you buy a 6A guarantee now you can upgrade to a balcony for only $21 more! Question: Do you think that I would be able to upgrade for such a low price as well? I am paid in full.

Forgive me, I had to ask!

Cwistyred

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I need to ask what may seem like a stupid question, but if I don't ask my husband will be unbearable.

Booked an OV 6A guarantee on the Freedom sailing this summer. We got a good deal through our PVP using a Military discount. Since that time the prices on the ship in certain categories including 6A have gone up. I noticed on several websites that if you buy a 6A guarantee now you can upgrade to a balcony for only $21 more! Question: Do you think that I would be able to upgrade for such a low price as well? I am paid in full.

Forgive me, I had to ask!

Cwistyred

Carnival will allow you to upgrade any time, even after you have paid in full. You just pay the difference in price. If it's $21 more, go for it!

Carnival will not allow you to downgrade after final payment, even if the lower category is pricing out higher than what you paid for your current category.

You say 6A has gone up, do you mean that the difference between the new higher 6A price and is up only $21? Or are you just looking at the difference in the new 6A price?

You have to subtrace the new price from the old price and if its only up $21 on the new 6A price then go for it.

Archived